1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone at HARVARD verify this for me?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by cache20033, Mar 24, 2004.

1. cache20033

cache20033 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't want to seem like i'm stalking(sp?) or anything but i was wondering if anyone at Harvard can verify these two profiles....

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=957

http://www.mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?id=438

i'm sure these two candidates, although being accepted to other schools, chose to go to Harvard. it's nice to know if it is true that MCAT's aren't everything......although i assume that their extracurricular activities are more than just resume padders! just nice to know...thanks in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mirror Form

Mirror Form Thyroid Storm
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The first one was a disadvantaged minority, so his lower range MCAT scores are less of a hinderance. I'm not sure how the other guy got in with a 25 though. He must have had something else very special going for him (like some important research), b/c otherwise he wouldn't have even been considered for an interview with that low of an MCAT score.

4. cache20033

cache20033 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

well, see the thing is he's not really a minority according to the AA clause considering he's neither African American, Native American, or Puerto Rican/Latino/U.S. Virgin Island.... I guess because he was born in Uganda and came to the states at a very late age (16-20?). he's almost considered international even though he may have studied here in the states.......i even thought you would have to live in the U.S. for at least 4-5 years to be considered eligible for citizenship......anyways, if i'm wrong at anything i've written i hope someone would correct me.....thanks for responding though...take care!