Can someone explain breast cancer/mammograms to me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, my mom went in for a mammogram last Thursday, and got called back for today. She tells me that there's (I'm assuming calcium deposit) a small speck about a 7mm in size and that she needs to do a biopsy. As neither of us know much about breast cancer, is this large/possibly dangerous? Or is it in a very early stage?

Members don't see this ad.

Compass said:
Well, my mom went in for a mammogram last Thursday, and got called back for today. She tells me that there's (I'm assuming calcium deposit) a small speck about a 7mm in size and that she needs to do a biopsy. As neither of us know much about breast cancer, is this large/possibly dangerous? Or is it in a very early stage?

go to allopathic forum.

Medical advice and opinions are not offered on SDN. My guess is that this thread will be closed very soon. Do a google search for your info. Better yet, talk to your doctor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haemulon said:
Medical advice and opinions are not offered on SDN. My guess is that this thread will be closed very soon. Do a google search for your info. Better yet, talk to your doctor.

second that... best of luck to you, I hope it turns out well

Compass said:

As the posters above have noted, SDN is not a place for medical advice. Ask your doctor for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.