Can someone explain to me why they would withdraw their application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinguette

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I never understood this...why would you withdraw your application to a dental school if you already paid the money? Do you get it back? What's the deal with that?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I may withdraw my apps to 2 schools because they were my last couple choices and I am being interviewed at the ones I could see myself going to.

You do not get the money back if they've already cashed the check. And the AADSAS money is way gone.

You've changed your mind at some point in the process. Why interview at a school that you're no longer interested in? Why take the spot of someone who might be very interested in attending that school? Taking yourself out of the process from somewhere that isn't even on your radar anymore just unclogs the overly-congested system that little bit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew from AZATSUDOH months ago after my interview. I have 12 interviews and I was completely unimpressed with the way I was treated in AZ. I came home and called them the next day to notify them of my withdrawal. I have many other options and I wanted them to know that I didn't care about them. I am sure I am nothing to them, they could care less. But it was something I needed to do.

In short, you withdraw when you wouldn't attend the school regardless.

I withdrew from a few schools for the same reasons that a lot of people have already stated. The schools were on the bottom of my list and I felt comfortable enough with my other 4 schools and about receiving at least one acceptance.

Thanks for all of you guys who replied. But I was thinking...even if you're confident of receiving other offers, why not wait for your acceptance from that school you want to withdraw from....and then decline it?

I mean you paid for it already, you've been to the interview...you might as well get the acceptance :confused:

But this is just how I would go about it...so far, I dont have any interviews mainly because I filed my AADSAS application late and my applications reached the schools on Friday.

Do I have any chance to get an interview in the first cycle? AADSAS GPA: 3.67, Science GPA 3.58
DAT: 22AA/23 Total Science/ 17 PAT/16 QR :thumbdown: for the QR

gimme your 2 cents.

ez

I withdrew from AZATSUDOH months ago after my interview. I have 12 interviews and I was completely unimpressed with the way I was treated in AZ. I came home and called them the next day to notify them of my withdrawal. I have many other options and I wanted them to know that I didn't care about them. I am sure I am nothing to them, they could care less. But it was something I needed to do.

I wanted to free up that spot for others. I feel bad, I have a dozen interviews and many at my school have nothing. I just thought of them.

I was seriously not impressed with ATSU, seriously, I was insulted bad.

I wanted to distance myself from that program.

I should have done the same to CU. :D