Can someone help me answer this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothmagic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi...

So I am still a D3, haha, but I have a friend who graduated last year, and I'd like to know where to find information to give him? I told him to get a lawyer but according to him lawyers are expensive bla bla.

His debt is not as much barely 180k, and I am advising him to open his own practice. He is working for someone right now, and that person started to pay 3k, for 2 months, then collection,25%, but his first collection paycheek came right just before covid happened, and now he is back at the 3k because the clinic closed and he was moved to another clinic.

In the new clinic (he is printing all this info up..) he has "produced" since May... it says Y-T-D, 130k... He is working by himself in that clinic

He asked why he is getting 3k bi-wikly and they told him the insurances haven't 100% approve, I truly don't understand.

The owner told him he is giving him 3k until he makes enough $$$, which of course will be deducted from the collection paycheek? I am assuming.

This freaked me out because I don't know anything so, what are the most knows? Are they stealing from him?

Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
too many possibilities and could be one of those fine prints in the contract. What did s/he do his contract based? production or collections? If collections, he is screwed and stuck with what appears to be correct statement " insurances haven't 100% approved". Based on limited information you provided, it's hard to tell whether the owner is stealing from him/her although 25% collection is pretty low (also depends the location).