Can Someone Help Me Out Please!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey wats up guy, first of all i just want to say its great what u guys r doing with this forum, i really love it and props to all the heads that run the pod. forum. I also wanted to add that this field is great and props to everyone in it, we're in a relatively new feild and together we will take it to new levels and fame!

Now i wanted to know where i stand in terms of podiatry schools admission cuz ive been always poorly guided. Heres something about me, Going into college due to constatnt talk about dentistry from my peers and pressure from my parents i went in with that being wat i wanted to do for the rest of my life lol. It was kind of stupid to do so. Come the begining of senior yr when i shadowed one i was like o no0o this isnt for me . I felt uncomfortable, claustrophobic, uneasy, my back hurt from all that bending, and hated the fact that you have to focus on something so small for a long period of time (ex: root canal for one). To make sure it wanst just something wrong with that particular office i shadowed two more and felt the same.

I didnt freak out at that point cuz i remebered my organic chem teacher speaking about a student that graduated from my college a few yrs back and now he runs two podiatry offices and changes cars like nothing lol. So i looked more into it and it interested me, loved the surgical aspect . I went and shadowed a doc at a normal practice and i liked it and i shadowed a doc at a surgical practice and i liked it . Ive always had a passion for surgery and podiatric surgery seemed just right for me and the lifestyle that i want to live.

Thank you so much for reading , this is long i know but i just wanted to give you a background on my situation.

I currently have a 4.0 in both gpas ( i have a few cores left and bio chem for senior yr), many Extra Curricular stuff, and im currently scheduled to take the DATs on aug 19th. The reason the DATs is cuz i felt more comfortable with this exam earlier on and only recently almost all schools stopped accepting them so i knoe it sux but ive already studied for them. What kind of score do i need on it to just get it ?? ( btw i did happen to post another post on the dat forum and that post was for my friend about his dat score for dental school who was lazy to make an account and needed help asaap!!)

THNAK YOU ALL SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!

Members don't see this ad.

so was it a 3.90 GPA on the dot or a 4.0? i'm confused from your past posts.

according to you your DAT is done too. you must be retaking? your scores look fine to me, but good luck finding pod schools that still accept the DAT

"pat--- 22
bio --- 20
g chem --- 23
orgo ---- 20
RC---- 15 (??)
QR--- 16
ts----21
aa--- 19

GPA: 3.90 on the dot ( only got a few core classes left and biochem)
I got frapped and it messed up my motivation for the rest of the english and math !! please people i need some feedback as to where i stand with these grades in getting in schools on the east coast! THNAK YOU SO MUCH FOR UR HELP IN ADVANCE!!!!"

Members don't see this ad :)
( btw i did happen to post another post on the dat forum and that post was for my friend about his dat score for dental school who was lazy to make an account and needed help asaap!!)
^
|
|

I specifically stated in my original post that , that info wasnt for me, now can all the hating and doubting be stopped and offer me some help please.

I'm not so sure what you need help with. No one on this forum can guarantee admission to a pod school. Your stats sound good to me. Just visit the AACPMAS website, the different schools' websites, shadow a pod , get your lors, and apply

why does the same thing happen about once a month?

you type alot like your friend

for DPM student , listen bro i think you have a problem reading cuz i specifically stated that im the one that wrote in the other forum not my friend.... therefore im the one that typed it ... so no my friend doesnt type like me cuz im the one who typed it ......... i come in here asking for some advice and u do a background check on me ...... if u dont have any advice jus move on cuz it seems like u have a llot of time on ur hands keeping track of BS

call the schools to see if they are going to take the DAT next year. I know of a few that told me last year for interviews that they will be taking the DAT scores for admittance for next year. Call to confirm, things change. If the schools you are looking at do not take the DAT and you are serious about podiatry then take the MCAT. With a 4.0 you should have a great foundation to study for the MCAT. Get a few A- 's because 4.0 sounds nerdy. j/k. please read past threads because this topic has been burned out.
I know some people getting in with 16-18 on DAT, but everything else on their applicaion shined, especially GPA. but if you have a 4.0 and get under a 19 on the DAT then there is a problem.
Read old threads about this.

Last edited:
Just FYI....

I received a packet from the AACPM for the 2009 Fall entering class.....

College Information Booklet, Page 3...."Standardized Tests Accepted during 2009 AACPMAS Cycle"

(3) colleges that still take the DAT

BUSPM, NYCPM, TUSPM

It doesn't say if they take it on a "case by case" scenario, but it does say that they "take it..."

If you just gotta take the DAT I would call and verify just to be sure. However, I'd just still take the MCAT anyway since only 33% (3 of 9 including WesternU) of colleges take the DAT versus 100% for the MCAT...

we appreciate the great questions. keep them coming!