Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Can someone help?

Discussion in 'Family Medicine' started by krispin, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krispin

krispin New Member

Non-Student
    My mom has had this bad cough for almost two years. She says she feels a 'sharp' thing in her throat and when she feels it, her throats gets a little itchy and she starts coughing very, very badly. When she doesn't feel it, she's okay but you can imagine, when in public, people tend to look at her a bit on the disgusted side ... and I can understand I guess but I feel sorry because she can't help it.

We've been to different doctors and they've prescribed different medications but I think a reason that none of it helped is because she never takes her medication properly. It's so hard to get her to even see a doctor!

But, from the symptoms I've listed, although I know not so much, would you guys have any idea what it could be?

I know I should be asking a professional but I just want some ideas so I can do my own little research. There are so many kind of conditions/diseases, I just need some ideas to pinpoint what this is.

If anything, she's in her late forties.

Anyone? :confused:

EDIT: By the way, the doctors couldn't give a specific name to this. They presrcibed medication for coughing...

I think it may be more than that...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Blue Dog

Blue Dog Fides et ratio.
    Physician Gold Donor SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    SDN is not the place to come for medical advice. Closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.