Can someone inform me real quick?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jezzielin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This regards the dean or whoever at your school has the final approval on acceptances:

I know they sign acceptances, BUT can anyone tell me, who got a waitlist or a rejection from any school, if the dean signed those as well???

Just curious! If anyone could help me out, that'd be great! Please. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am guessing no. Just the adcom decides on rejection.

I could imagine the dean signs the admitted members to make it official.

But otherwise a dean signing 2,000+ rejections.. maybe just secretary and a stamp.

docbill said:
I am guessing no. Just the adcom decides on rejection.

I could imagine the dean signs the admitted members to make it official.

But otherwise a dean signing 2,000+ rejections.. maybe just secretary and a stamp.

Yeah, that makes sense... what about waitlists? What do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
It anything I said is correct... then waitlist don't get seen by the dean. (dean of admissions yes, but not the dean of COM). Untill the person moves off the waitlist... to acceptance.

Jezzielin-

Did you ever hear from LECOM-E??

hoberto said:
Jezzielin-

Did you ever hear from LECOM-E??

Jezzielin-

You are giving me grief!! Did you find out yet!!?

Nope. :oops:

She says that she mailed the letter at the latest this past Friday. The reason that she said this took so long was because she had to wait for the dean to sign the letters. That is why I am curious about who signs their acceptances, waitlists, and rejections... To maybe give me hope - because waiting this long it makes me feel like I am facing some not-so-good news.

Jezzielin,

I am in the same boat as you now... the waiting game.

I really hope you (and I :) ) get in! Keep us posted.

poking around... i saw other people from last year and before who received their acceptances around late december (specifically, 12/27... or first business day after xmas).

I know the committe met on Wednesday to discuss people's fate, even if they sent letters out by friday, it will probably be sometime Tuesday at the earliest, or Friday (last business day before xmas) or Tuesday, the following week (1st business day after xmas, as i think it is a holiday on 12/26 to give people a day off because both xmas-eve and xmas fall on the weekend). I might be starting to get too neurotic with this...