Can someone interpret this question for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brsboarder

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What interests do you hope to continue or develop as you pursue your medical education?

I'm not exactly sure what they mean by this. Can someone clarify

Members don't see this ad.

What interests do you hope to continue or develop as you pursue your medical education?

I'm not exactly sure what they mean by this. Can someone clarify

It means exactly what it says. Talk about your interests in relation to medicine. The answer will entirely depend on you.

What are your interests as they relate to your future study of medicine? I.e., what focus do you have with respect to medicine? Health care policy? International medicine? Clinical research? Bench research? Rural health care issues? Urban health care issues? Free health clinics? Etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
jolie, wanna give me some tips?

go with what phoenix said. i talked about how i'm interested in practicing internationally and also how i'd like to learn more about clinical aspects of AIDS as i'd worked with that in the past.

i stayed away from career objectives, as that's what i talked about in my specialty essay

i'm talking about in general, but thanks for the tip!

Rochester was really relaxed and both my interviewers were super nice. I liked the school in general and the staff goes out of their way to help.

Good luck.

Stay with a student. It will help you get a better feel.

I think they meant tips for the interview in general. Man, you're tough, Jolie! State secrets and all, eh? ;)

There aren't really any state secrets. I'm willing to tell all. If someone wanted to copy me, they'd sound pretty stupid as everything I talk about has extensive experiences to back it up.

I hope everyone does well. I mean why all the competition? There is room for more than one student in a class.

There aren't really any state secrets. I'm willing to tell all. If someone wanted to copy me, they'd sound pretty stupid as everything I talk about has extensive experiences to back it up.

I hope everyone does well. I mean why all the competition? There is room for more than one student in a class.

I was just joking! :D Of course we all know you're eminently generous with your advice. Was just giving you a hard time.

I also give any and all advice that anyone's willing to listen to. What goes around comes around. I have a couple of target SDNers I'm going to grill for "tips" after they complete common interviews that I have too. And I'm more than willing to return the favor.

I believe the Rochester question has "at Rochester," at the end. I made the essay more specific to Rochester and talked about things I wanted to do there to further my career goals. If the questions is phrased w/o Rochester, then I'd go with things you want to do in residency and beyond as well. Medical education isn't limited to just med school :)

I believe the Rochester question has "at Rochester," at the end. I made the essay more specific to Rochester and talked about things I wanted to do there to further my career goals. If the questions is phrased w/o Rochester, then I'd go with things you want to do in residency and beyond as well. Medical education isn't limited to just med school :)

I don't know about the "at rochester" part, i'm not even applying there, way outta my league! But to me it seems that which "interests" in general, not necessarily related to medicine, will you be persuing. Just my fifth of a dime though.