DeezNutzonUrChin

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I know it starts at August 5th but can someone link me to when the schools recieve it, how long it takes for processing etc?

Or answer the questions on your own if its easier

Thanks.

bobtheweazel

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
Earth
Status
Podiatry Student
I'll post a link below where you can find a good amount of info. Although some of it may be outdated.

The schools receive your application sometime after you submit it. That's about all anyone can say. The applications are supposed to be sent to schools in batches on a rolling basis, so they should all have access to the applications at the same time. However, this last cycle the schools all sent out application receipt emails at very different times, sometimes weeks apart. I think NYCPM was the first to confrim receiving applications and Barry was last. These times vary. Processing and verification times also vary, primarily depending on when you apply in the cycle and how bogged down the application service is. I submitted on the day that the application service opened last cycle and I believe my transcripts took a few weeks to verify and my MCAT took 1 day to verify once they received it. They were having trouble receiving MCAT scores electronically from AAMC so I had to send it twice electronically and once through email before they acknowledged receipt, the next day it was verified.

https://portal.aacpmas.org/applicants2013/instructions/ins_help.htm

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Reactions: Weirdy
OP
D

DeezNutzonUrChin

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I'll post a link below where you can find a good amount of info. Although some of it may be outdated.

The schools receive your application sometime after you submit it. That's about all anyone can say. The applications are supposed to be sent to schools in batches on a rolling basis, so they should all have access to the applications at the same time. However, this last cycle the schools all sent out application receipt emails at very different times, sometimes weeks apart. I think NYCPM was the first to confrim receiving applications and Barry was last. These times vary. Processing and verification times also vary, primarily depending on when you apply in the cycle and how bogged down the application service is. I submitted on the day that the application service opened last cycle and I believe my transcripts took a few weeks to verify and my MCAT took 1 day to verify once they received it. They were having trouble receiving MCAT scores electronically from AAMC so I had to send it twice electronically and once through email before they acknowledged receipt, the next day it was verified.

https://portal.aacpmas.org/applicants2013/instructions/ins_help.htm

Thank you, I plan on doing the same, do yo remember how long it took for you to get your first acceptance?

bobtheweazel

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
Earth
Status
Podiatry Student
August 28th was my first interview invite, from Temple. My last interview invite was September 28th from Barry. I interviewed at Temple, Western, and Barry the first week of October and by the second week of October I had been accepted to all 3. Acceptances depend on when you interview. You get to choose your own interview date from a list of available dates. Most schools will get back to you 1-3 weeks after your interview. In rare circumstance, they may accept you unoficially on the same day as your interview.

bobtheweazel

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
Earth
Status
Podiatry Student
Just edited last post.

OP
D

DeezNutzonUrChin

Membership Revoked
Removed
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
August 28th was my first interview invite, from Temple. My last interview invite was September 28th from Barry. I interviewed at Temple, Western, and Barry the first week of October and by the second week of October I had been accepted to all 3. Acceptances depend on when you interview. You get to choose your own interview date from a list of available dates. Most schools will get back to you 1-3 weeks after your interview. In rare circumstance, they may accept you unoficially on the same day as your interview.

Thanks lol, Im just hoping Ill have an answer by November'ish maybe December so if I get in I dont have to start a postbacc come January.

Reactions: bobtheweazel