Can someone motivate me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Citsouca1988

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a bad situation right now. I just did terrible on my Medical Microbio test and Orgo 1 test. Thankfully the both teachers drop the lowest grade so I have an opportunity to bounce back. I am doing well in my other electives but these 2 science classes are killing me, especially organic.

Does anyone have any tips for me to pass organic? I really want to do well in that class and so far, the class average in that class was mid 50s and thats what I got on my test.

I am losing in motivation believing I really can't do this and maybe pharmacy/medical field isn't right for me. If I do get a terrible grade in the class, will my chances in pharmacy/medical field drop EVEN if I retake the classes and pass with a good grade?

Members don't see this ad.

I am in a bad situation right now. I just did terrible on my Medical Microbio test and Orgo 1 test. Thankfully the both teachers drop the lowest grade so I have an opportunity to bounce back. I am doing well in my other electives but these 2 science classes are killing me, especially organic.

Does anyone have any tips for me to pass organic? I really want to do well in that class and so far, the class average in that class was mid 50s and thats what I got on my test.

I am losing in motivation believing I really can't do this and maybe pharmacy/medical field isn't right for me. If I do get a terrible grade in the class, will my chances in pharmacy/medical field drop EVEN if I retake the classes and pass with a good grade?

i'm with you man. i'm feeling lazy a little bit too.

Yea its such an awful feeling. I don't really know what to do. Its hard for me to focus now. I think I am burnt out from taking classes over the summer and just need a short break or something... = /

Members don't see this ad :)
okee heres the tip to do well in orgo and micro

1) pay attention in lecture
2) read the book and make outlines/notes/flashcards
3) do the problems in the book
4) ASK QUESTIONS
5) repeat 2-4

Its all about repetition! if you live orgo, breathe orgo, and think orgo...you'll know orgo

For organic chemistry,

-Read the material before class

-Go to class. Stay awake and actually pay attention

-Take good notes and review your notes after class

-Figure out how to do every single problem your professor wants you to do.

-Ask a lot of questions and always go to professor or TA office hours.

-Attend any available review session or study groups.

Organic is not a class you want to fall behind in. Try to catch up and keep up with the material because organic is a class you will not be able to cram for.

good luck:)

Last edited:
For organic chemistry,

-Read the material before class

-Go to class. Stay awake and actually pay attention

-Take good notes and review your notes after class

-Figure out how to do every single problem your professor wants you to do.

-Ask a lot of questions and always go to professor or TA office hours.

-Attend any available review session or study groups.

good luck:)

Great advice for almost any class! And, remember, when you do get to pharmacy school, there's probably not going to be anymore dropping the low grade - you'll have to keep up with material from the very beginning.

Also, ask around about the professor - maybe he/she will curve. I had an organic professor for Orgo I with a similar class average, but after all the low end of the class dropped the class, I don't think he actually flunked anybody. I got an A with something around a 65-70 average.

I have another suggestion. Study on your own, make a list of questions and then go ask the professor in his/her office hours. You'll also get a better idea of tests/what he's looking for if you spend some 1 on 1 time. Worked for me! Organic is so tough, hardest class I've ever taken. If you can make it through, then you'll be fine.

I hear ya. Trust me you're not alone. I just bombed my first O-chem test and it was basically review stuff. I feel so stupid. Everyone else in the class got at least an A or B and I...well lets just say I did above an F.

I'm starting to make flash cards as I read. I jot down notes on the flash cards with examples. I carry those flash cards with me everywhere I go. Whenever I have a few mintues I pull them out and go over my notes. Repitition is key.

Orgo is hell and I feel for you! Everyone hates Orgo except a selective few. My friends both in the pharmacy and medical school hates it and thinks it is irrelevant (including myself!). Don't give up hope just because you think Orgo is tough, I personally didn't do too well in Orgo. It is too much mechs to cram into your little brain before the test! Anyways, just keep going, study hard (follow the advice that was already given) and pass within the B range and I think you will be fine as long as everything else is great! You can retake it if you like, but once you get into the professional program there is no retaking (retaking means you will be a year behind) and you cannot get lower than a B in certain schools.

You must learn to balance multiple science courses if you want to make it in the professional program since that is exactly what you will be taking (straight grad level science courses). Good luck and keep going!!