Can someone please explain the deadline for LOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikel905

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If a school's deadline is Nov 1, do we need to tell our references that they need to submit their letter by the Nov 1 deadline? Or can LOR's be submitted by references later as long as we submit our PharmCAS application online by the deadline? (is this even possible? not sure how pharmcas works...can we submit before our references are done writing their letters?)

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my PharmCas application before all of my references were in (I had 2 references complete, I was still waiting on 1), and so far I've been offered 3 interviews so it's fine. You can always manage your references (add references, remove references, etc) after you submit the application. It's one of the few things you can change after you've been verified.

I submitted my PharmCas application before all of my references were in (I had 2 references complete, I was still waiting on 1), and so far I've been offered 3 interviews so it's fine. You can always manage your references (add references, remove references, etc) after you submit the application. It's one of the few things you can change after you've been verified.

Thanks. So we can submit our application first, before all reference letters are in. But my other question was about the deadline...do you know if your reference submitted their letter before or after the deadline?

Thanks. So we can submit our application first, before all reference letters are in. But my other question was about the deadline...do you know if your reference submitted their letter before or after the deadline?

You can submit your app before the LOR are submitted, but the LOR must be sent in before/on the school's deadline