wanderingstudent10.10

2+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Not 100% med school related but I was informally offered a position as a grader at my college by professor I was fairly close with during the school year. I'm writing an email to express my interest in the position as the school year starts up again and being as the professor is a very professional, and kind of gruff man, I just wanted someone to proofread before I sent it out.
Dr. ----,
With the summer coming to a close I just wanted to contact you and express my continued interest in a position as your grader this upcoming year. I successfully completed --- and the accompanying lab course over the summer and thoroughly enjoyed my experience throughout the organic chemistry sequence. Your classes were my favorite courses that I have taken here at ----- and integral to my growth as a student. I truly look forward to continuing to be involved in the subject and working with you in the future. Please feel free let me know if there is anything I can provide you that would help you better assess my candidacy for the position. I hope you've had a great summer and thank you for all of your guidance over the past year.

Regards,
-------

Frogger27

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Medical Student
It sounds fine ---- I hope you do not need people to read all of your professional emails...... It is important to be able to do this yourself.

tjo422

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
What Frogger said, but also, "Please feel free to let me know"

Reactions: Frogger27
OP
W

wanderingstudent10.10

2+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Just paranoid because I really want this position! I usually write my own professonal correspondance without help :) Thanks for the advice. Fixed and sent.

Reactions: Frogger27