Can someone shed some light on this form of B12

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deltaforce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

A parent of child with Autism forwarded me link to this product. http://www.iherb.com/Anabol-Naturals-Dibencoplex-10-000-30-Capsules/9849 It is a form of B12, but I have not heard it. I was wondering if anybody can shed some light on it.
And what is Boron for in this formulation?

Many thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you please clarify? I don't think I would pass on this message to the parent.
And if it is crap, why so?

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like people who can't activate B12 might benefit from this form, but I'd say the cost is unnecessary unless B12 supplements have failed to achieve normal lab values in the past. http://m.wisegeek.com/what-is-dibencozide.htm

My wife has a genetic variation that forces her to take a preactivated B12 for that reason, but I'm not sure of the name...

Can you please clarify? I don't think I would pass on this message to the parent.
And if it is crap, why so?

Because it's Vitamin B-12. That's all. This will NOT help with Autism. Did you read the linked article carefully. 100% pure unadulterated ****e. I especially like this part:

Caution should be exercised when using dibencozide and chloramphenicol at the same time because long-term use of both drugs could lead to a negative effect on red blood cells. This reaction is rare because chloramphenicol typically is prescribed on a short-term basis, but recognition of the possible complications should be acknowledged.

Chloramphenicol has not been marketed in the US since 1991....., really, unless you are taking your dog's antibiotics. there is no way this a real concern.

My wife has a genetic variation that forces her to take a preactivated B12 for that reason, but I'm not sure of the name...
I am looking for exactly this kind of information. This parent has been told the same by the DAN practitioner they use, but not which mutation that is. I personally have a lot of suspicion about those doctors, but before I make it very clear to that parent, I need to have a solid proof on, why my feeling of practitioner is milking this parent, is true. My suspicion is based on my experience and what I have learned from others, but that will not necessarily reflect in his case.

Many thanks in advance.

I am looking for exactly this kind of information. This parent has been told the same by the DAN practitioner they use, but not which mutation that is. I personally have a lot of suspicion about those doctors, but before I make it very clear to that parent, I need to have a solid proof on, why my feeling of practitioner is milking this parent, is true. My suspicion is based on my experience and what I have learned from others, but that will not necessarily reflect in his case.

Many thanks in advance.

Basically, give oral b12 and check activated b12 blood levels. If they're low, give b12 injections and repeat blood test. If they're low, you need an activated b12 supplement. Can't argue with blood levels. But, don't assume you need the expensive supplements until cheaper options have failed.