Can someone tell me about the 2ndaries for these schools please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's a 2ndary difficulty thread, but these schools aren't listed, so perhaps someone knows. The categories we are putting them into are: Trivial, Easy, Moderate, and Hard.

Schools:
Dartmouth
Eastern Virginia
Indiana U
Medical College of Ohio
Oregon Health and Science U
Ohio State
U. of Iowa
U. of Alabama
U. Of Arkansas
U. of Cincinnatti
U. of Connecticut
U. of Kansas
U. of Minnesota, Minneapolis
U. of Nebraska
U. of South Carolina
U. of wisconsin
Virginia Commonwealth

Thanks! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

you've got a lot of state schools on there.....just curious can you get around the residency requirements for all of them :confused:

Dartmouth - Easy (two simple essay questions)

I don't know a thing about the other schools
Does Oregon consider Hawaii residents as part of the WHICE program?

Members don't see this ad :)
One thing that I found tough about the Dartmouth application was that it had to be typed/word processed. I couldn't find a type writer anywhere that I could use so I never filled out the application.

The eastern virginia secondary is available on their web page - I was able to find it before they requested for me to fill it out. It's four pages - basic states, SAT scores, a list of all of your science classes, and 5 essays. The essays are: briefly describe your exposure to medicine, what will you like best about being a physician, what will you like least about being a physician, describe self and career 10 years from now, reasons for applying to evms. I got annoyed with them because as soon as they received my application they cashed my check and sent me a rejection letter. They didn't wait to receive my LOR's and in the short turn around time, I don't even see how they had time to look at my secondary application. Hope that helps.

VCU is easy. One 250 word (handwritten) essay on any topic.

Originally posted by abw
One thing that I found tough about the Dartmouth application was that it had to be typed/word processed. I couldn't find a type writer anywhere that I could use so I never filled out the application.

they have a website where u can fill it out, bro..

One more thing about Dartmouth... You ought to be able to type the secondary in the form on your web browser, and then print that. That's what I did, since I don't have a typewriter, either. (As a sidenote, I interviewed there last week and it was INCREDIBLE, so don't let the lack of a typewriter stop you from filling out the secondary, abw!)

Surely someone knows about the secondaries for some of these schools!

ohio state's not bad... 2 essay questions... one on why you want to go there and the second on what experiences have motivated you to become a doctor. :)

do a search on OHSU secondary. I know I had started a thread once and posted info on it since I was the first on SDN to receive it. I would do a search but I got some body to take out.

cool thanks!
Btw, I was looking at a secondary app (EVMS) and it has a single page with 5 essay questions on it. The amount of space between each question probably wouldn't hold more than 150 words. They don't say anything about length of response or attaching extra pages. what does one do in such a situation?

I'd put OHSU in the moderate category.

I would call EVMS and ask what length asnwers they are expecting.

The University of South Carolina secondary is incredibly simple. There are no essays to write, unless you are applying from out of state. The only thing different about their form is that they want either your SAT/ACT scores and require a photo. It will take you about 15 minutes to fill out the form. The LOR forms are also easy. It's a one-sided, one page form that asks your recommender to evaluate you on a scale of 1 to 5 and only has about 7 questions.

Good luck