Can someone tell me how to apply for a pharmacy intern position at CVS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buk Lau

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Moving to another state for pharm school and I already work at CVS as a tech. Every time I try to apply for intern, CVS makes me apply internally since I'm already an employee. The problem is that I have to type the city and position I want to apply for and the search tells me there are no positions available, which I know is not true, there had to be a position available in the surrounding area. Is there a better way to apply, or should I just start calling the CVS pharmacies there and explain to them I want to intern there?

Members don't see this ad.

Try cold calling and emailing and then enter some stores yourself to speak directly with the manager

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Try cold calling and emailing and then enter some stores yourself to speak directly with the manager

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks for the reply. Yea I think I'm gonna just cold call and see if there are openings. Walking in is out of the option cause I live 6 hours away.

Members don't see this ad :)
Talk to your DM. They should have an intern person for the district who will give you directions on how exactly to apply (it's not a specific but general position, like "internal intern hire or something", at least then I did it). You apply for where you want to be after graduation. They transfer you between stores for summer and classes (wherever you're gonna be). At least that's how it seems to be in my area. I had to still interview and everything with the intern coordinator and my DM.

My district manager offered an intern position the moment she found out I got accepted to a pharmacy school. Let your DM know

My district manager offered an intern position the moment she found out I got accepted to a pharmacy school. Let your DM know
Again, I state in my original post that I'm moving to another state, so I'll be dealing with a different staff

Reach out to your current DM and he will give you the name of the DM in your new area. I have been interviewing for a intern position with CVS and wondering what the pay is..... anyone currently a intern with CVS please share your pay so I can get a idea of what to ask for? Thanks for any help :)

Reach out to your current DM and he will give you the name of the DM in your new area. I have been interviewing for a intern position with CVS and wondering what the pay is..... anyone currently a intern with CVS please share your pay so I can get a idea of what to ask for? Thanks for any help :)
It's a set rate so there's no negotiating or anything (at least that's what they've always told me). You get a raise each year around August. P1 was 13, P2 14, P3 15.50. I think it can differ by location some though (cost of living and whatever).