1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Can they really drop you after May 15? Got an Email I didn't like

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CubaLibre, May 29, 2008.

1. CubaLibre

CubaLibre member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So I withdrew from all schools except one by May 15th. Received confirmation emails from each school. And this morning, one of the schools sends me an email telling me I need to inform them of a decision cuz I'm holding multiple schools etc. So now I'm freaking out, trying to find out if my status at my school of choice has been jeopardized. I called them, but the person who could help me was in a meeting. I emailed them too, but anyways I'm freaking out. Can they and will they really drop me without notifying me first?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dnagyrase

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If you still have the confirmation e-mail from the school that mistakenly didn't withdraw you, I would think you have nothing to worry about. I think you would be fine regardless though.

4. CubaLibre

CubaLibre member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Thanks for the response. Withdrawn school still has not responded, but my school of choice just called me and let me know everything is cool and that they will disregard my holding of the "other acceptance." So I guess you guys can comment on a hypothetical situation or something, cuz I'm in the clear. :D

5. DoctorDreamer

DoctorDreamer In a far away land...
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Nah, they still want you to choose them. Just e-mail them and ask what schools it says you're holding at, tell them you already withdrew, and tell them you've chosen them and you'll recontact those schools.

Dartmouth did the same thing to me a couple of days ago, and it worked out just fine.

6. st0w

st0w plasticperineum syndrome
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    When I had asked Christian Essman at Case about the situation, he said that it's funny how concerned people get. In his words, "you spend a year applying and there's all these hoops to jump through. Then you get accepted, but you're just used to it and figure there must be more hoops to jump through. But there aren't. It's much simpler now."

As has been said, if schools you hold an acceptance at see you're accepted elsewhere, they will contact you before they just yank you from the roster.

:)

7. SilverMoon

SilverMoon Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

I <3 Christian. He's so nice. He and Dr. Mehta make Case just that much more awesome by being so laid back.

8. taponthecloud

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    This may be true at Case, but not all schools might have this positive attitude. However, as long as you don't withdraw then ask for your spot back, I think you're safe.

9. SilverMoon

SilverMoon Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Actually, I know of somebody this cycle who withdrew and then changed his mind and then got that same school to agree to let him come anyway.

But I agree with you on the general principle - it varies from school to school. If you're at all worried, just send an email to your actual choice telling them that they are your pick and that the other schools are in the process of withdrawing you.