SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

can u check ur acceptances?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CAbroiler, May 14, 2002.

1. CAbroiler

CAbroiler Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 1, 2002
    is there any way to know what acceptances you have? like where you can see to make sure that you've declined all but one?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Assassin

Assassin Assassin 7+ Year Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Lebanon
    if you're worried, just contact the school/s you withdrew from...they'll confirm the withdrawal

as for other med schools...they know :)

4. Dr. L

Dr. L Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 10, 2002
    New York
    I think its a good idea to check--I got a letter from a school stating that I was holding three acceptances, when I was only holding two (and had withdrawn from the other school over a month before the letter was written.) Is it surprising that there could be a mix-up in a situation involving AMCAS???

5. vyc

vyc Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 20, 2002
    Chicago
    but is there any way for us to personally check our status with AMCAS?

6. CAbroiler

CAbroiler Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 1, 2002
    yeah, as per my concern, there should be a function on AMCAS that lets us check.. i don't think that there is tho...

7. vyc

vyc Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 20, 2002
    Chicago
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by CAbroiler:
    <strong>yeah, as per my concern, there should be a function on AMCAS that lets us check.. i don't think that there is tho...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yea i logged back into my application, which brought back a flood of awful memories, but i couldn't find the option for us to check.

i would just suggest calling or emailing the school you intend to matriculate at and ask "hey, i'm planning to go to your school but i'm concerned that AMCAS isn't registering my withdrawals, can you check?"