1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

can u find out how you were ranked after the fact?

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by applicant2002, Dec 18, 2005.

1. applicant2002

applicant2002 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

after match day, out of curiosity, can you find out how you were ranked at a program you did not match at/rank?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No, usually not.

Programs know where you matched though, but they do not know how you ranked and you will not know how they ranked you.

4. tigershark

tigershark Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I hear that you can usually email the program and get some feedback post-match....just depends on the particular program.

5. carol ann

carol ann Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

You can also tell if you were ranked to match by some programs...

In the days after the match I got quite a few phone calls and emails from programs asking (politely) what caused me to rank other programs above them...obviously if they rank you to match and you don't end up there, they know that they weren't high enough on your list...so that's the only way I knew which programs had ranked me high enough to match.