Can U Pls Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotadoit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys. i m in USA since a year and half. i m trying to take NBDE 1. I took it once but did not score that well.So will e retaking it in 2 months. But i m not working here. I mean i m not in contact wid dentistry since 2 yrs and ve no experience in USA. I M MARRIED ND LIVE IN A JOINT FAMILY SO M NOT ABLE TO DO WORK AND STUDY AS WELL. This thing is really hindering my studies. I mean i keep on feeling that i wont get admission because of such a long gap. Pls guys can u help me and give ur suggestions. i ll be really thankful

Members don't see this ad.

Dont worry. Try to study for atleast 4 hrs a day. I am also in the same situation. I am in usa for 3 yrs. I gave part 1 and got 69. I have to retake it again. I have to work in the morning and then come home and study. As long as u get good scores you will get in to college. First dont worry about college, try to get good score. You can do it. GOOD LUCK:)

hi,
do not think too much..first clear the exam in 4 months...then you can begin working or observing at a clinic two or three times a week..at least you vl get a recommendation letter...but initially, aim to score well..and if you cannot read at home, go to a nearby library after finishing all your cooking etc in the morning..and read there all day...you can come back and help around your home in the evening..you have to give time to your studies...at least aim for 6 hours a day..its possible from 12.00 to 6.00..
i too was living with my in laws wen i gave the exam..its difficult to read at home, so i joined kaplan classes where i would go and read..
dnt try working at a clinic and reading at the same time...
all the best..im sure you vl manage..

forget about admissions....study well.plan to study decks and papers within 2months for 4-5 times...u will be ok.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys. i m in USA since a year and half. i m trying to take NBDE 1. I took it once but did not score that well.So will e retaking it in 2 months. But i m not working here. I mean i m not in contact wid dentistry since 2 yrs and ve no experience in USA. I M MARRIED ND LIVE IN A JOINT FAMILY SO M NOT ABLE TO DO WORK AND STUDY AS WELL. This thing is really hindering my studies. I mean i keep on feeling that i wont get admission because of such a long gap. Pls guys can u help me and give ur suggestions. i ll be really thankful

first of all ,do not take tension,whether u will get admission or not,jus concentrate on scoring well n u will definitely get into dental school.have full faith in u r self n u will do well.good luck n tc