Can we dispense gardasil 9 to a 15 years old patient

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxRetailRx

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
By FL law, we can only administer
gardasil 9 if pt's age from 18 Thru 26. we also can dispense it with a Rx, So can we dispense it to a 15 years old or younger patient?

Members don't see this ad.

gardasil 9 if pt's age from 18 Thru 26. we also can dispense it with a Rx, So can we dispense it to a 15 years old or younger patient?
Wat? It's labeled for age 9-14 with peds dosing correct?

Is that specific to Gardasil? I think FL restricts pharmacists from immunizing patients who are not adults regardless of the vaccine.

Edit: I'm not practicing in Florida, so what do I know

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give Gardasil to anyone. It is a dangerous and useless vaccine. Do some research on this.

I'm reading through this serious thread, and then come to the post about mine, and I'm thinking "whaaaa", and then I realize it was from Unchained. I should have known she'd be in this thread.

"dangerous" is pretty open-ended. People have died from drinking too much water, so someone, somewhere, probably thinks drinking water is "dangerous."

"useless", one could certainly argue that it would be nice if Gardasil covered more strains of HPV, but it's hardly useless. Unless you think amoxicillin is useless because it doesn't kill every single strain of bacteria.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm reading through this serious thread, and then come to the post about mine, and I'm thinking "whaaaa", and then I realize it was from Unchained. I should have known she'd be in this thread.

"dangerous" is pretty open-ended. People have died from drinking too much water, so someone, somewhere, probably thinks drinking water is "dangerous."

"useless", one could certainly argue that it would be nice if Gardasil covered more strains of HPV, but it's hardly useless. Unless you think amoxicillin is useless because it doesn't kill every single strain of bacteria.
Do what I do, put him on ignore and you don't get the useless drivel......

Reactions: 1 users
It depends on your state law. Are you allowed to immunize at that age? Until recently, in PA you could only administer to adults. Now it's 8 and up. Then you have to go to your standing order. Is gardisil approved? Is the age group approved. This will be your guidance.

And by the way, everyone male or female should have this vaccination. The association between cancer and HPV is rock solid. A great deal of head and neck tumors could be prevented.

Reactions: 2 users
In FL you couldn't administer that shot to a 15 y.o. but you could dispense it to be given by the prescriber. The age limit is for administering not dispensing. I can't imagine that any state would put an age limit on dispensing but I guess anything is possible.

Reactions: 1 user