Can we just get one thing straight...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guylewis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see this written so many times on so many posts that it just drives me nuts, so here it goes:

It's COMLEX,

NOT COMPLEX

COMLEX: the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination

this needs to be made into a sticky for everyone to read before they post. Ok I got that off my chest. any other common errors you see being made often?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I see this written so many times on so many posts that it just drives me nuts, so here it goes:

It's COMLEX,

NOT COMPLEX

COMLEX: the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination

this needs to be made into a sticky for everyone to read before they post. Ok I got that off my chest. any other common errors you see being made often?

It's COMLEX, not COMPLEX, not Comlex, and not comlex.

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds complex

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Knew exactly what this thread was about before reading it, haha.

Sorry! I edited the post that I think you are referring to! hah

Whenever I hear someone talk about the COMPLEX I just picture this:
hqdefault.jpg

...and then have terrible memories of Oddjob and people bitching about other people looking at their screens to find them.

Reactions: 9 users
Whenever I hear someone talk about the COMPLEX I just picture this:
hqdefault.jpg

...and then have terrible memories of Oddjob and people bitching about other people looking at their screens to find them.
c550be107aa30e93a0cc613037afa13e.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Jaws was worse. He was pretty much always guaranteed at least 90% accuracy with head shots.

A guy at my school argued with me about Alaska being an island. He lost.
fun fact: alaska is the most northern state, western state, and eastern state in the US.

are you sure he wasn't talking about the Aleutian islands?

Members don't see this ad :)
* superiority COMLEX

Reactions: 5 users
fun fact: alaska is the most northern state, western state, and eastern state in the US.

are you sure he wasn't talking about the Aleutian islands?

No, a group of us were talking about driving the ALCAN highway to get to Alaska. The guy was eavesdropping and shouts, "you can't drive to Alaska, Alaska is an island". Don't think he was talking about the Aleutians. He finishes it with, "Well, I guess I don't know my geography." Ya think??? And this guy is a doctor today. Sad, so sad.:asshat:

No, a group of us were talking about driving the ALCAN highway to get to Alaska. The guy was eavesdropping and shouts, "you can't drive to Alaska, Alaska is an island". Don't think he was talking about the Aleutians. He finishes it with, "Well, I guess I don't know my geography." Ya think??? And this guy is a doctor today. Sad, so sad.:asshat:
he's correct in a tiny way, and maybe this is what confused him: you can't reach certain cities, like Juneau via car. only via plane or boat. But Juneau is part of the mainland, not an island, so he's totally wrong on that aspect.

he's correct in a tiny way, and maybe this is what confused him: you can't reach certain cities, like Juneau via car. only via plane or boat. But Juneau is part of the mainland, not an island, so he's totally wrong on that aspect.
He probably saw the kind of map that only shows the U.S., with Alaska being a disembodied mass floating out in space, near Hawaii. Then never looked at a map ever again.

Reactions: 2 users

You don't have to explain to me. I lived in Alaska 27 years. And yes, you can drive to it. Yes, there are many parts inaccessible by car.