Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
So, U Pitt is asking me for a list of classes that suffices their requirements. They are asking for 12 credits in Biology. I am a Bio major that totally messed up in my first elementary Bio series (we're talking 2.1's). However, in my later years, I have done reasonably well (3.7 and above). is it okay if I include my UPPER LEVEL BIO classes to suffice their requirements or do they want to see that I have taken the elementary classes also?

Or should I just be on the same side and include my elem. series AND upper level Bio series classes to show that I have an upward trend? What do you say?

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Visit site
Status
they asked for 12 credits? hmm... don't remember that. thought it was 8 or something. i only filled in the minimum for each listing. so, even though i had loads of chem courses i only put in the intro ones. i dunno... there's nothing wrong with putting just your upper level bio i don't think (as long as they have the required labs -- my problem with the upper level classes), but i'm not really sure they're using it for anything but to see that you've taken them.

anyway, sorry i'm not answering your question very well :(

gower

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2000
New York
Visit site
Status
At this point, they are only asking for 3 courses that meet the requirement. That would be the first year plus one elective.

They will look at your entire science record before making a decision whether or not to interview you. Improvement is good.

About the Ads

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2001
infront of an iMac
Visit site
Status
Hum, I also only remember the app asking for 8 credits - and the web site only specifies 1 year. Frankly I don't think it matters as long as you can put 8 (12?) cerdits down of something that is bio and which had lab.

cabruen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
www.bruen.org
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Tweetie, I would list whatever classes you want that make you look best as long as they meet the requirement. I vote for the upper level ones.

OP
T

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
guys,
Thanks so much for the answers! I think just for the Bio part, I am putting down upper and lower level classes to show them an upward trend specifically in my Bio series.

btw: don't fret about the credit issues. 12 quarter credits = 8 semsester credits. I was on a quarter system but I"m listing both Semester credits and quarter credits because there's enough room.

dpark74

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
I think tweetie meant that they require 12 quarter hours which translates into 8 semester hours.

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2001
infront of an iMac
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
guys,
Thanks so much for the answers! I think just for the Bio part, I am putting down upper and lower level classes to show them an upward trend specifically in my Bio series.

btw: don't fret about the credit issues. 12 quarter credits = 8 semsester credits. I was on a quarter system but I"m listing both Semester credits and quarter credits because there's enough room.
great! now...get that secondary FINISHED and submitted :)

GoodMonkey

sproutmobile
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2002
banging your head against a wall burns 150 calorie
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
i wondered about the same thing... i came to the conclusion that they're going to see my transcripts anyway, and they know i'm a bio major, so have obviously either taken or AP'ed or whatever out of the intro classes. in the end, i put down mainly the upper level ones. but i agree w/the "as long as it's bio and it has a lab" sentiment expressed earlier. :)

About the Ads