Can you apply into Residency and Fellowship match in one cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulrad08

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Is still t possible to apply for Residency match as well as a fellowship match at once? Because I've completed a residency in my home country, I'm eligible to apply into Alternate Pathway program as well. I was hoping to be able to apply for both so if I don't match into residency position, I might have a shot at fellowship so I don't lose a year?

Just a thought. Would appreciate feedback.

Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
Is still t possible to apply for Residency match as well as a fellowship match at once? Because I've completed a residency in my home country, I'm eligible to apply into Alternate Pathway program as well. I was hoping to be able to apply for both so if I don't match into residency position, I might have a shot at fellowship so I don't lose a year?

Just a thought. Would appreciate feedback.

Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yes, but the cycles all have separate timing. If you match, whichever one matches earlier in the year will require you to pull out of the subsequent one.

(For example, if you match for fellowship in December, you will be pulled out of the residency match, which happens in March)