Can you apply through PharmCAS more than once in the same cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maggols

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I just got my June PCAT scores and they were competitive yet not as high as I would like them to be so I'd like to take it again. I would like to apply to a bunch of schools that have rolling admissions right now to gain an advantage due to my below average GPA. The question is, can I apply through PharmCAS to a bunch of rolling admission schools right now, then later maybe around November, once I recieve my next PCAT scores, apply to a bunch of non-rolling admission schools? Or once I submit my pharmCAS app right now is it final for this cycle? Anyone with any answers/advice please help.. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everybody,
I just got my June PCAT scores and they were competitive yet not as high as I would like them to be so I'd like to take it again. I would like to apply to a bunch of schools that have rolling admissions right now to gain an advantage due to my below average GPA. The question is, can I apply through PharmCAS to a bunch of rolling admission schools right now, then later maybe around November, once I recieve my next PCAT scores, apply to a bunch of non-rolling admission schools? Or once I submit my pharmCAS app right now is it final for this cycle? Anyone with any answers/advice please help.. thanks!

I was able to submit my app to pharmcas in august, and then in september/october i added three other schools to my list. Is that what you meant? Adding schools for pharmcas to send later on?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah that's what I mean.. I don't wish to change anything on my application, I just want to be able to add some schools I want to apply to later on after I recieve my PCAT scores that I plan to take in October. If I get into one of the first schools I apply to then I might not want to apply later on (and throw more money down the drain).. so there's an option to add schools to apply to later on after I have already submitted my app to PharmCAS?

You can always designate more schools to send your application to later on in the cycle. :thumbup:

For those schools you apply to later, did you have to pay $140 again, or just $40 each?

How about the Pcat score? Will you be able to change the test date after you submit it?

How about the Pcat score? Will you be able to change the test date after you submit it?

I don't think you can change it on PharmCAS, but you should notify your colleges if you do happen to change the date. That's what I did in the last application cycle because I had a funeral to attend on my Oct 07 exam date and did a no show on that day instead. I ended up taking the PCAT in Jan 08. Most of the schools will say it's fine, but note that certain schools want you to take it no later than October.