Can you be a player and be a doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chillinillinkillin007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you be a player while being a doctor? Like be seeing a lot of girls on the side, breaking their hearts, etc. or is this considered "unprofessional"? I'm being dead serious, not trolling. By the way, I don't plan on doing this but I'm just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can you be a player while being a doctor? Like be seeing a lot of girls on the side, breaking their hearts, etc. or is this considered "unprofessional"? I'm being dead serious, not trolling. By the way, I don't plan on doing this but I'm just curious.

What does an occupation have to do with this? Are all doctors the same? Like they all eat a certain type of cereal in the morning, go for a two mile run, maintain a monogamous relationship, have two kids with brown hair, and drive a Subaru?

This might be the worst question I've ever seen on SDN, so congrats.

I'll counter, can you be an American and like vegemite? I'm not trolling, this is a very serious question.

Reactions: 6 users
Just don't do it at work.

Hospitals are small places and people will be all up in your business.

Reactions: 1 user
I plan on it brah. Gonna be a cardiologist breaking hearts and then mending them. Oh the irony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Unless you advertise it to everyone, how is that "unprofessional"? It's your personal life. Now whether its immoral is another debate.

It is common sense to separate your personal and public life. That means as long as you keep your occupation separate and maintain the standard level of professionalism expected out of you, no one cares whether you find the perfect girl to grow old with, or you discreetly stick your dick in the first thing that moves when you get back from clinic.

With that being said, if you start to build a poor reputation in your community, that will cause problems in and of itself, the least of which is patients becoming less likely to select you as their provider.

Don't do that with the nurses.. I've heard a couple stories about nurses just trying to get knocked up by any physician they can. No offense to any nurses reading this.

Don't do that with the nurses.. I've heard a couple stories about nurses just trying to get knocked up by any physician they can. No offense to any nurses reading this.
And here I thought this was just in adult novels/movies

And here I thought this was just in adult novels/movies

couple posts from old threads: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/do-doctors-really-date-nurses.302447/ you could probably find some more similar threads

My wife was doing a clinical at a hospital around here. Many times I have heard the story of the attractive nurse who was dating a young attending. Turns out she got knocked up, whether his intent or not; the rumor mill says she planned it that way and lied about her being on BC.

Regardless, he is now married with a child and she is no longer working and quite happy.

One of my sorority sisters from way back when was a nursing student when she dumped her boyfriend of many years (like 5 or 6) and started dating a medical resident. A few months later, she had her shiny rock on her finger and they got married. Although I think they genuinely loved each other, the whole thing still just reeked a little bit suspicious. Haven't kept in touch so I don't know how things turned out.

There is a social thread and even a whole forum for OT/social posts such as this. Please use them.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.