Can you believe it's flu shot season again already?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crossurfingers

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Officially started last Friday (yikes!) and corporate has been making the rounds already reaming stores out that haven't given any yet. It was so bad today that we kept begging the store employees to get a shot so our numbers could go up. Our goal is three times what we actually accomplished last year. If we don't meet a quota by the beginning of September our tech help gets cut again.

Best part of it is reading corporate emails. They always sign off with "Happy immunizing!", "Happy flu shot season!" like it's their version of Christmas. The company gets a big fat profit and what do pharmacy employees get? More headaches, more stress, more problems. I have been dreading this ever since the day it ended last year.

Members don't see this ad.

Officially started last Friday (yikes!) and corporate has been making the rounds already reaming stores out that haven't given any yet. It was so bad today that we kept begging the store employees to get a shot so our numbers could go up. Our goal is three times what we actually accomplished last year. If we don't meet a quota by the beginning of September our tech help gets cut again.

Best part of it is reading corporate emails. They always sign off with "Happy immunizing!", "Happy flu shot season!" like it's their version of Christmas. The company gets a big fat profit and what do pharmacy employees get? More headaches, more stress, more problems. I have been dreading this ever since the day it ended last year.

Its a freaking nightmare. Leave it to corporate pharmacy to **** up something that should be a good thing. The three worst months of the year are ahead. Every thirty seconds I am going to hear something about flu shots. We have had the pleasure of corporate pushing back to school immunizations so I really haven't had a break from the madness. I get an e-mail every other day spouting off some BS about increasing immunization numbers. One of these days one of us is going to snap and head to the corporate office with a box of vanish point syringes and start stabbing people in the eye with them.

CVS is pushing "on-site clinics" for us...everyone is supposed to submit ideas for places to hold flu clinics..so I guess the pharmacist does this..on his day off? I don't know.
I am terrified of how it's going to work--we have 1 pharmacist who works every day except Wednesdays and he is off every other weekend..the Wed/every other wknd pharmacist is not giving flu shots, so we won't have them available all the time. So I'm sure about 4832085 customers will complain about that.
We don't have time now to fill scripts, answer the phone, drive-thru, pick-up, drop-off, CSI, PCI, on the weekends, because we have only 2 techs..PCI takes up a HUGE chunk of time..plus if it is waiting bin weekend..that is a NIGHTMARE.
HOW ARE WE GOING TO FIT FLU SHOTS IN?!
So far no one has submitted ideas for clinics, and the DM is angry and wants everyone to send in their church, children's schools, etc, info to drum up some ideas...yeah right.

Members don't see this ad :)
CVS is pushing "on-site clinics" for us...everyone is supposed to submit ideas for places to hold flu clinics..so I guess the pharmacist does this..on his day off? I don't know.
I am terrified of how it's going to work--we have 1 pharmacist who works every day except Wednesdays and he is off every other weekend..the Wed/every other wknd pharmacist is not giving flu shots, so we won't have them available all the time. So I'm sure about 4832085 customers will complain about that.
We don't have time now to fill scripts, answer the phone, drive-thru, pick-up, drop-off, CSI, PCI, on the weekends, because we have only 2 techs..PCI takes up a HUGE chunk of time..plus if it is waiting bin weekend..that is a NIGHTMARE.
So far no one has submitted ideas for clinics, and the DM is angry and wants everyone to send in their church, children's schools, etc, info to drum up some ideas...yeah right.

Welcome to the madness!!!! I can tell you how it is going to work....poorly. You will be stressed out pissed off and so sick of hearing about flu shots by the end you will want to kill someone.

I can do you one better. We are expected to give immunizations from the time we are open until we are closed with no extra hours alotted regardless of how busy we are. In addition we are suppposed to set up offsite flu clinics to be done on our own time with no additional compensation. Yes exactly what i want to do on my day off is give more ****ing flu shots!

We're getting an extra 5 tech hours and 7 pharmacist hours.

Yea...............................................................I'm not looking forward to that either.....

extra hours per week.

Nicee.

We're suppose to be stapling on a small flyer now with each bagged medication that lets people know about the different vaccines we offer. Already promoting for the upcoming flu season :laugh:

:thumbdown:

Good thing my shifts are overnight. One of the perks. :)