M

mcatmania

hey guys do any of you know if i can change my test center? i got my ticket today my test center is 2 and half hours away. i live in NJ and i know a lot of other testing sites closer to me and they are not giving them to me because they might be filled up?? :(

also anyone live in NJ and know if the Rutgers Newark testing site is good?

i've heard a lot of horror stories about testing centers and im just really anxious :scared:

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
i actually proctor at newark rutgers for examkrackers, and its not as bad as its reputation gets. its actually a rather nice area. I had a horror story of a testing site being nearly 2 hours away (i requested boston, ended up in cape cod). i decided to keep it and it was the best decision since it was nice and isolated, and quiet, and a few students, so things went smoothly. Then i got to relax at the beach afterwards.

Anyhow, to answer your question, you can change it, for a fee and no guarantee that you'll get it. i believe it tells you on your ticket how to go about changing it, either that or its on the aamc website someplace

OP
M

mcatmania

braluk said:
i actually proctor at newark rutgers for examkrackers, and its not as bad as its reputation gets. its actually a rather nice area. I had a horror story of a testing site being nearly 2 hours away (i requested boston, ended up in cape cod). i decided to keep it and it was the best decision since it was nice and isolated, and quiet, and a few students, so things went smoothly. Then i got to relax at the beach afterwards.

Anyhow, to answer your question, you can change it, for a fee and no guarantee that you'll get it. i believe it tells you on your ticket how to go about changing it, either that or its on the aamc website someplace

LOL someone once told me that they took it it rutgers newark and the place had one bathroom in the whole floor and there were 50 people standing in line in every break...

i dont know how far he exaggerated the truth...but al i know is i dont want to be dealing with bathroom issues on top of the added pressure of the mcat LOL :eek:

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
mcatmania said:
LOL someone once told me that they took it it rutgers newark and the place had one bathroom in the whole floor and there were 50 people standing in line in every break...

i dont know how far he exaggerated the truth...but al i know is i dont want to be dealing with bathroom issues on top of the added pressure of the mcat LOL :eek:
which building are you taking this in?

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
and, i didnt even bother with the bathroom in between breaks, i just went before the start of the morning, in the afternoon and that was it. I used my breaks to use flashcards.

OP
M

mcatmania

i believe its the lower level of the criminal justice building of the rutgers university law school

OP
M

mcatmania

and ur probably right...the more that i think about it i feel ishould just stick with it ... ill prolly be too busy going frantic about the mcat than to think about silly bathroom breaks