Can you consolidate Private loans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zambo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to consolidate private loans (TERI loans)?
If so what's the best company to do it with?

Members don't see this ad.

zambo said:

From my knowledge, you cannot. I have a relatively small amount of private loan from my Masters and it's been a pain in the a$$. When I was consolidating my federal loans from college and graduate school, I researched tons of consolidation programs and NONE of them would accept private loans. I feel stuck with it, and have to pay the fluctuating, sometimes insane, interest :smuggrin: It just won't go away unless I pay it off completely right now. Lesson: avoide private loans the best you can, use them as a last resort.

zambo said:

If you have multiple private loans, you can consolidate them by taking out one big private loan. But you cannot consolidate them with your federal loans.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can consolidate private loans with a private consolidation loan (you can NOT include them in your federal consolidation loan). There aren't a lot of private consolidation loans on the market, but CFS has the best one - www.cfsloans.com.

debtexpert said:
You can consolidate private loans with a private consolidation loan (you can NOT include them in your federal consolidation loan). There aren't a lot of private consolidation loans on the market, but CFS has the best one - www.cfsloans.com.

Graduate leverage beat this lender. I was able to achieve a 30 year repayment term with a balance of 32k. This lender would only give me up to 20 year repayment term max. I would compare all lenders before making a decision.