1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Can you defer admission?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ehop24, Jul 29, 2001.

1. ehop24

ehop24 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've got a little situation. I'm applying right now for 2002 admission. However, i there is the possibility that i may be selected in the baseball draft in june 2002. of course, by then i will have already had to (hopefully) pay a deposit and such. does anyone know if i'd be able to ask for a one or two year deferrment on admission to dental school? i wouldnt want to apply again. application sucks. thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Honestly, I have talked this over with a lot of students in the past (I'm a Certified Athletic Trainer) that were high school and college students. I used to think - take the college admission. Now, however, I know you would be able to get in again, ESPECIALLY having been drafted first (makes for a great story!). You will most certainly NOT have the draft opportunity again. Take it and have a great time! Your brain will be there when you're done - your body may not be! (at least to that caliber!). CONGRATS!!!