Can you defer admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ehop24

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got a little situation. I'm applying right now for 2002 admission. However, i there is the possibility that i may be selected in the baseball draft in june 2002. of course, by then i will have already had to (hopefully) pay a deposit and such. does anyone know if i'd be able to ask for a one or two year deferrment on admission to dental school? i wouldnt want to apply again. application sucks. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I have talked this over with a lot of students in the past (I'm a Certified Athletic Trainer) that were high school and college students. I used to think - take the college admission. Now, however, I know you would be able to get in again, ESPECIALLY having been drafted first (makes for a great story!). You will most certainly NOT have the draft opportunity again. Take it and have a great time! Your brain will be there when you're done - your body may not be! (at least to that caliber!). CONGRATS!!!