Can you defer for 1-2 yrs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMC2UCLA2_

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know for medical school, once you get into a school you can defer for up to 2 years...or so I have been told at least. Does anyone know if this is possible with dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

SMC2UCLA2_ said:
I know for medical school, once you get into a school you can defer for up to 2 years...or so I have been told at least. Does anyone know if this is possible with dental school?

Depends on the school, but most schools do not let you defer. Look on FAQ's on the websites

SMC2UCLA2_ said:

What's your reason for defering?
I'm a curious guy

Members don't see this ad :)
what if you need to defer because the stupid department at school decides not to offer a needed class in the summer before your first semester in dental school. is this reason enough to defer?

SMC2UCLA2_ said:

Yeah maybe if were designated your University President's Medalist, selected as a Rhodes Scholar, and discoverd that you were pregnant with quintuplits all after getting your letter of acceptance to dental school. ;)