Can you get a sloe from a peds EM or a EM critical care rotation?

Dares Dareson

5+ Year Member
May 20, 2015
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    I would assume it's program dependent. I did see on VSAS that JPS in Texas has an EM ultrasound and toxicology elective, and they say "SLOEs are available on request" on the posting.

The best strategy is to just email the clerkship coordinator for each elective. They will let you know what's up.

Reactions: 1 user
    About the Ads

littlejuan

10+ Year Member
    Jul 4, 2007
    1. Attending Physician
      I would not do this. You can get a letter of recommendation from someone you worked with but SLOEs should be from places with EM residencies. They wouldn’t hold weight otherwise and can’t even answer some of the questions on there without an attached residency.

Jlaw

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Apr 15, 2009
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Only get a SLOE from an EM rotation at a hospital with an EM rotation. You only need 2 SLOE's so you could get two letters from these places to supplement two SLOE's.

texER

2+ Year Member
        Aug 12, 2018
          As long as you have 2 SLOE's from regular EM rotations, you're fine filling slot 3 or 4 with an ultrasound or EM/Crit Care, but have 2 "real" ones. Hope that helps.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.