Can you get coffee during the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prince Abubu

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tend to get a cup of coffee before I hit the last section of the MCAT (while I'm doing practice tests).

Can I get coffee on my break during the real thing?

Members don't see this ad.

I tend to get a cup of coffee before I hit the last section of the MCAT (while I'm doing practice tests).

Can I get coffee on my break during the real thing?

Doesn't that make you go to the bathroom?

I don't forsee a problem as long as you pack your own. Put some in a thermos and you can have it on your break. You most likely won't have time to go anywhere, but that's why they invented vacuum insulation, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, put it in a thermos and drink it during your last break. When I took my exam I got yelled at for stepping outside to get some fresh air:sendoff:
So, I don't think you're allowed to leave.

Yeah, put it in a thermos and drink it during your last break. When I took my exam I got yelled at for stepping outside to get some fresh air:sendoff:
So, I don't think you're allowed to leave.

Funny, I took the MCAT and they saw that I was stressed out during my first break. And I told them I needed a breather, and they let me outside while watching. I bent down to my knees and breathed some fresh air. So they didn't have a problem with me lol.

We werent allowed to take anything into the testing room other than our provided sheets of paper and pencils.

I suppose you could have a thermos in your locker and pound it during the 10min break