Can you get the MD/DO LOR waived?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleeperSully

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to apply this term (submitting early August) for DO schools but the brief search for LOR requirements show that most of them want to have a LOR from an MD/DO (preferably DO). I'm just starting my shadowing next week, I think its unlikely that I'll get a LOR in such a short period. Is there a way to get it waived? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you can get it waived. However, you still have time to get a letter from the physician you're about to shadow. If you ask in 2-3 weeks, it should be in on time.

Hello,

I'm looking to apply this term (submitting early August) for DO schools but the brief search for LOR requirements show that most of them want to have a LOR from an MD/DO (preferably DO). I'm just starting my shadowing next week, I think its unlikely that I'll get a LOR in such a short period. Is there a way to get it waived? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.
I'm trying to say this in the nicest possible way, but what part of "clinician LOR is required" don't you understand?

The DO cycle is longer, so you have plenty of time to shadow and get the LOR.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you submit early Aug, it'll probably be at least mid Sept before your secondaries are in and that's when most schools usually start looking at the rest of your app including LORs. You're fine.

Hello,

DO/MD can't be waived. This is very important for the app. How would you justify that the medicine is for you if you haven't shadow a doctor?

Reactions: 1 user