Can you guys pls help me with ROL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hemoglobin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I was wondering if you guys could help me put together a ROL...Being a FMG it is a bit harder for me to know what programs have better reputations in respect to others. I did all my interviews already and these were the programs I liked the most:

-- Mayo Clinic Rochester
-- Cleveland Clinic (ohio)
-- Baylor College of Medicine (Houston)
-- Boston University
-- Johns Hopkins Bayview
-- Temple University.

My main goal is to get into a good cardiology fellowship upon completion of IM residency training. Of course I will not make my ROL straight from what you guys tell me here, but I want to hear your opinions so I can match them with my own opinion and then come up with my ROL.

Thanks a lot in advance and happy holidays to everyone! :thumbup: :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, Hemo
What kind of FMG are you, that every ivy-league wants you??
Plus your Cardio dreams, nothing less :)
Tell us first what makes you soooo goooood :)

--------------------------------------------------
-- Mayo Clinic Rochester
-- Boston University
-- Johns Hopkins Bayview

Hey andreg. Sorry, I should have introduced myself shouldnt I? :D I'm a 23-year-old brazilian doctor (just graduated last week). Have been doing research since the first year of medschool (here in Brazil medschool takes 6 years) -- I've done research with patients with sickle cell disease, hypertension and lupus. I got 243 and 273 and my steps 1 and 2 CK respectively. Did a one month rotation at the cards department at Mayo Clinic in March this year, and got one recommendation letter from them. Got other 2 letters from brazilian doctors. Basically, this is me, nice to meet you! :thumbup: :)

The fact is that I love my country and my city (I live in Rio), and my family is all here. So I just wanted to make sure that , if I am to leave everything and everyone behind me, it has to be for something better. So I didnt apply to many places, and made sure that I would like to be trained in the ones where I actually applied to. I did my interviews in nov- dec, and like the programs above the most. I realize that cardio is super-mega-ultra competitive :scared: , and for that matter I want a residency program that can help me be a competitive cardio applicant. I know what I liked and disliked about all programs, but now I need some help in terms of reputation.... So do you think you (or anyone else) could give me some input?

Wish u guys good luck in your interviews! :thumbup:

Thanks!

andreg said:
Hey, Hemo
What kind of FMG are you, that every ivy-league wants you??
Plus your Cardio dreams, nothing less :)
Tell us first what makes you soooo goooood :)

--------------------------------------------------
-- Mayo Clinic Rochester
-- Boston University
-- Johns Hopkins Bayview

Members don't see this ad :)
of this list, don't bother w/ JH Bayview.

I would rank them...

Mayo
Cleveland
BU / Baylor: toss up because I don't know much about the programs
Bayview - don't bother...

-- Mayo Clinic Rochester
-- Boston University
-- Johns Hopkins Bayview

why does everyone totally tear apart bayview hopkins? i thought it would be a least decent considering its hopkins afilliated. any explanations? also, i have an interview offer but i dont know if i should go

mediocre said:
of this list, don't bother w/ JH Bayview.

I would rank them...

Mayo
Cleveland
BU / Baylor: toss up because I don't know much about the programs
Bayview - don't bother...

-- Mayo Clinic Rochester
-- Boston University
-- Johns Hopkins Bayview

I also wonder the same thing....

Anyone else wanna share their opinions??? :cool: :thumbup:

Jackie1. said:
why does everyone totally tear apart bayview hopkins? i thought it would be a least decent considering its hopkins afilliated. any explanations? also, i have an interview offer but i dont know if i should go