cracker69

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
I am applying to 16 schools and have teachers to fulfill the necessary requirements for letters (2 sci, 1 non sci or 3 from anyone, etc). I also have two great letters from doctors which i interned with last summer. Can i just include these doctor letters of refs along w/ the required letters at all the schools??
help please

kidsmd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2002
Cincinnati
Status
Usually, the schools have a maximum for the number of letters that you can submit. I've noticed that the max is usually 5 or 6. You should check at the schools that you're applying to. I did the same thing that you plan to do. I have a letter from my research professor and one from work where I tutored and I added those along with the required science and non-science ones. The general rule is that you can add letters but you can't substitute the letters.

OP
C

cracker69

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
thanx for ur help. i think i'll just send out both the doctors refs to every school, unless there would be more than 5 total.

About the Ads

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I agree, no more than 5 or 6. The dean of admission's at VCU/MCV said ....

"You should only send us 5, or 6 at the most. After 6 letters, there is nothing a reccommender can say that is different from the other letters. We quite frankly get tired of reading about an applicant if there is more than 6."

doepug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2001
Baltimore, MD
Visit site
Status
Including my dean's letter, I sent 7 letters to every school. I chose to disregard the "maximum" number of allowed recs. If you know that you're getting awesome letters, send 'em all.

Cheers,

doepug
MS III, Johns Hopkins

About the Ads