Can you imagine if this were real?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

y3nd0

Kitteh likes to stare
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

http://dentidrill.com/

Turns out it was a spoof to emphasize the increasing costs of dental care. Nice message, but when I first saw the video, I was shocked.

Members don't see this ad.

Turns out it was a spoof to emphasize the increasing costs of dental care. Nice message, but when I first saw the video, I was shocked.

Lidocaine - a controlled substance - did not set off any red flags?

Members don't see this ad :)
1384008_432753053502014_1478453949_n.jpg

Oh snap, Is needs to get me some of these to practice before my acceptance into dent-all skol

Oh snap, Is needs to get me some of these to practice before my acceptance into dent-all skol
Lol, me too! Definitely talking about the experience in my personal statement too ;)

Technically, isn't toothpaste, mouthwash, and flossing basically this? Enough preventive care (and awareness) basically replaces the need for dentists to fill cavities, right? Haha.

I work at a dental product research company and we have received several offers from companies like this to test their products. They are completely serious and it is 100% legal for parents to to this to their kids and on themselves.
It's just ridiculous that they could expect the average joe to understand the full anatomy and physiology of a tooth to a point that they could properly excavate caries without either doing to much or simply filling over decay that they didn't remove in the first place