y3nd0

Kitteh likes to stare
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2012
Status
Dental Student

http://dentidrill.com/

Turns out it was a spoof to emphasize the increasing costs of dental care. Nice message, but when I first saw the video, I was shocked.

Feb 25, 2012
Status
Dental Student
Turns out it was a spoof to emphasize the increasing costs of dental care. Nice message, but when I first saw the video, I was shocked.
Lidocaine - a controlled substance - did not set off any red flags?

Oct 22, 2013
Status
Dental Student
Oh snap, Is needs to get me some of these to practice before my acceptance into dent-all skol

Dec 21, 2012
Status
Oh snap, Is needs to get me some of these to practice before my acceptance into dent-all skol
Lol, me too! Definitely talking about the experience in my personal statement too ;)

Technically, isn't toothpaste, mouthwash, and flossing basically this? Enough preventive care (and awareness) basically replaces the need for dentists to fill cavities, right? Haha.

Sep 4, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
I work at a dental product research company and we have received several offers from companies like this to test their products. They are completely serious and it is 100% legal for parents to to this to their kids and on themselves.
It's just ridiculous that they could expect the average joe to understand the full anatomy and physiology of a tooth to a point that they could properly excavate caries without either doing to much or simply filling over decay that they didn't remove in the first place