Can you join the army as a Canadian graduating from an American dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Munchy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for Canadians to join the US army as a dentist?

I am not looking for any scholarships.

Just wondering if it is at all possible.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe you will have to be either a US citizen, or a legal permanent immigrant with a green card living in the United States.

It is possible to join the Navy's Dental Corps if you would consider the Navy over the Army. Here is a list of qualifications needed to join the Navy's Dental Corps copied directly from the Navy's website:

Qualifications

To qualify for Active Duty employment consideration in the Navy Dental Corps, you must be:

• A U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen licensed to practice in the U.S. (see a Medical Officer Recruiter for details)
  • A graduate of an eligible dental school approved by the American Dental Association
  • Licensed to practice in a U.S. state, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or a U.S. territory (new graduates must obtain a license within one year of beginning Active Duty service)
  • Willing to serve a minimum of three years of Active Duty
  • Between the ages of 18 and 48
  • In good physical condition and pass a full medical examination

Members don't see this ad :)
interesting..
Why does Navy have different requirement than the rest?

Also, how hard is it to get into the army as a dentist?

The Army Reserve will take you if you have a green card. The active duty will require you to be a citizen. The Army is beginning to be more selective with whom they let in.