Can you please give me some advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakare24

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, my question is regarding my chances of getting into medical school in the US. I took my premeds 5years ago and got a total GPA of 3.1, sci. gpa 2.9, (premeds completed within 1.5 years). I then moved to Sweden to be near my sick grandparents and to learn Swedish. During the last 5 years, I studied two years of Swedish and then I applied to med. school in sweden for the hell of it and got in (by the way it is free). I have been in medical school now for 3years in Sweden (6year program) and I have been researching for the last 2,5 years on top of it and I will soon be published. My grandparents have now passed on and I would like to move back to the US where I was born and raised and to start over from first year in medschool in the States. I feel that the schools here are great but do not prepare me enough for the USMLE. I am planning on taking the MCAT in August. What I was wondering is there any chance I have of getting in with all my experience or is my Gpa to low to get in? Thanks in advance to anyone with advice.:rolleyes: :)

Members don't see this ad.