Can you priority mail to a PO Box?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freakingzooming

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for this inane one question post but was thinking about the mail I just sent to VCU. It was a PO box address and I priority mailed it. Worried now I might have mucked that up.

Members don't see this ad.

Freakingzooming said:
Sorry for this inane one question post but was thinking about the mail I just sent to VCU. It was a PO box address and I priority mailed it. Worried now I might have mucked that up.

Yes. You can't FedEx/UPS/DHL/etc. something to a PO Box.

Jason

if you sent it from a post office, im sure the person who took it would have said something about it....
i dont know about priority but i know you cant do fedex or ups - maybe priority is ok?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah....if you send it through the post office, they do send priority mail to PO boxes (my local post office said they do when i asked), but yeah if you FedEx'd or something, they don't send to PO boxes

Ames980 said:
if you sent it from a post office, im sure the person who took it would have said something about it....
i dont know about priority but i know you cant do fedex or ups - maybe priority is ok?

yep, only USPS (even priority mail) can go to PO boxes. It's the private carriers (FedEx, etc.) that aren't allowed.

sfbear said:
yep, only USPS (even priority mail) can go to PO boxes. It's the private carriers (FedEx, etc.) that aren't allowed.

sweet- thanks for the responses guys and good luck with your secondaries too!

I was thinking about a similar question today - are you guys sending priority/fedex/etc. so you can track or just going with standard first class mail?

EDIT: Sorry, just did a search...already covered on another thread. I'm slowly getting the hang of SDN.

Jason110 said:
Yes. You can't FedEx/UPS/DHL/etc. something to a PO Box.

Jason

You cannot UPS/FedEX/DHL to PO Boxes - only physical addresses can be used. US Mail (USPS) which includes priority, parcel post, express, etc. can be sent to PO Boxes.

Lari