Quantcast

can you put a personal statement with your PTCAS account?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phenom828

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey everyone I am curious to if there is some place where I can put a personal statement with my application? I know for med schools you can do that but I didnt see any place on PTCAS. Any ideas? Would it be beneficial to just hand mail it to schools im interested in to put in with my application?

Azimuthal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Answering the essay question isn't enough? I'm confused here...

Reactions: 1 users

phenom828

Reaction score
I felt I wouldnt be able to tell my story through the essay prompt, I kinda wanted to explain my grades and things through my statement..

starrsgirl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't send extra stuff. Generally the schools will usually tell you they don't look at anything extra. So it will be trashed. You could call the admissions office if you are unsure.

Reactions: 1 user

Kuhdaytee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you really need to talk about your grades, there's a section where you can answer if your academic record reflects your capabilities - this isn't a place to make excuses and say that you didn't know how to study well or whatever. If you had anything significant happen that was out of your control (death, bad illness, homelessness, etc), then you would mention it there. Otherwise nobody will read about your personal statement.

Is there any way you can add it into your essay, if it's really that important?

DesertPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be beneficial to just hand mail it to schools im interested in to put in with my application?

If you're goal is to not be admitted to PT school, than yes it would be beneficial.

jk...in reality it would probably not even get looked at. Schools get 1000+ applications and all they can do is rank people based on a uniform set of criteria and application fields. The commonly parroted advice to "make yourself stand out from the field" by connecting with Adcoms is pretty much a myth.