dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
I am looking for a good surgical book for the general dentist, mostly focusing on impacted 3rds surgical extractions.

Anyone know of any? all the ones on amazon don't have sufficient reviews.

Reactions: free99

Localnative

7+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2011
25.0000° N, 71.0000° W
Status
Non-Student
I am looking for a good surgical book for the general dentist, mostly focusing on impacted 3rds surgical extractions.

May I suggest the following? An excellent resource for all of you 3rds neophytes.

"Exodontia: With a Chapter on Dental Malpractice Jurisprudence"
by Max Hillel Feldman

An informative read!!

vellnueve

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status

Hands on experience with someone experienced in the procedure is far more useful.

DaleDoback

Did you touch my drumset?
Sep 17, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]

I swear, when I retire, I'm going back to law school. Easy money in our field.

OMSPlayer05

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
May I suggest an OMS residency for proper training in impacted third molar removal.

osteotomy01

5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2013
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
When you have a complication and/or a suit against you they will hold you to the standard of OMFS, I hope your experience is more than "I read this book on Amazon."

Reactions: AspiringDMD

Pedodel

2+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2015
When you have a complication and/or a suit against you they will hold you to the standard of OMFS, I hope your experience is more than "I read this book on Amazon."

When it comes to taking out difficult 3rd Molars,,,,, you need guided experience. No book can walk you through how to do things. knowing when and where you can make things a mess and knowing when you can or could cause permant paralyisis of of the mandibular nerve are big.... I am not an OS. Just saying,,,,, tread lightly in doing that stuff.

Reactions: free99

OhioDMD

7+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2011
Ohio
Status
Dentist
I'll give you thirty plus years of experience as a general dentist. Stick to flip outs and let the OMFS deal with all the rest.