Can you send in optomcas app without an oat score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rohandk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im done with my OptomCas app but have not taken my OAT yet. I am taking it on September 20, which is scaring me because it seems late compared to all the other posts I have seen. Seems I am like the only one behind. Can I send in my Application without my OAT score since admissions are usually rolling. I want to apply as early as possible everywhere. How do I go about doing this?

PLEASE HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

Im done with my OptomCas app but have not taken my OAT yet. I am taking it on September 20, which is scaring me because it seems late compared to all the other posts I have seen. Seems I am like the only one behind. Can I send in my Application without my OAT score since admissions are usually rolling. I want to apply as early as possible everywhere. How do I go about doing this?

PLEASE HELP!

Yes you can. You'll have an opportunity to update your OptomCas App as you complete different things. Besides, Sept 20 is by no means late. I took the OAT in November and got into all of the schools I interviewed with. Good luck!

PLEASE HELP!

Dont worrie im taking the OAT on Oct 1st

Dont worrie im taking the OAT on Oct 1st

honestly sept isnt late, but I dont know why anyone would want to submit optomcas without your OAT. thats a good half chunk of what schools are going to be looking at. so even if you get an interview (without an oat) when you take it and if you get a low score you might not get in. its better in my opinion, to just submit optomcas once you have your oat score.