1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

can you withdrawal tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nblook28, May 14, 2008.

1. nblook28

2+ Year Member

im currently holding two acceptances and my question is, can we withdrawal tomorrow? (may 15th)

or do we have to be withdrawn BY may 15th?

thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PlayMeSomeMusic

PlayMeSomeMusic Always waiting...
    Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    it seems to be we have till 5 tomorrow. completely based on what has been floating around here and elsewhere so take it for what you will

4. SilkyDelicious

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Technically you don't have to withdraw at all. But you are going to get phone calls from these 2 schools asking you what the deal is because they can see that you have multiple acceptances.

May 15th is a "recommended" deadline. And when all deposits become non-refundable.

5. nblook28

2+ Year Member

so there is no hard and fast rule in AAMC or with schools that if you hold two after may 15th that they have the right to drop you?

i mean im definitely going to chose by may 15th, since i dont want to take up a spot that could be given to someone else, but i just want to ensure that i don't miss any deadlines that could jeopardize my acceptances. and i need all the time i can get to decide...

6. prettymonkey

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    what am i missing? why would you wait until may 15th to drop acceptances? did you just get accepted to multiple schools like yesterday? are you planning a second look evening at all of the schools tonight? i don't get it.

7. 87138

87138 Guest

Medical Student

It's a huge decision. Some people have virtual ties with two schools in their mind. The more time to deliberate it, the better. It's not difficult to understand.

8. prettymonkey

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    but the last day? the very last day? come on. seriously?

9. cpants

cpants Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Nothing will change between now and tomorrow. Tell me what schools you are deciding between. I will tell you where to go.

10. 87138

87138 Guest

Medical Student

I've already decided. But the poster I replied to made it sound like it shouldn't take long at all to decide. For many people it does.

11. cpants

cpants Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Of course it does, but the majority of people have been sitting on these acceptances for weeks if not months. One more day won't change any factors. Decide, immediately.

12. prettymonkey

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i was not saying it's an easy decision. but it's a very important one that should have been dealt with before may 15th. whether that required re-visits, conversations with every family member, friend, and acquaintance, as well as a painstakingly detailed look at financial aid, curriculum, location, reputation and everything else it should have been done little by little over a period of time until a decision is made. it scares me that some people are making final decisions down to the last minute.

13. wutwinb

wutwinb Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

#12 wutwinb, May 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  14. In Vino Veritas

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Seriously.

15. 87138

87138 Guest

Medical Student

You have to consider other extenuating circumstances. For me personally, some unexpected issues with health and other things came up that really did force me to delay the decision until just yesterday. There are an infinite number of variables, and timing can be everything. I'm sure I'm an anomaly, and most people really are just sitting on their acceptances without thinking about them until last minute, but that has not been the case for me.

16. PlayMeSomeMusic

PlayMeSomeMusic Always waiting...
    Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I have been waiting to make sure the one I am going to got my deposit.. I'd hate to withdraw only to find because school a didn't get the deposit (despite it supposedly being delivered this am) the drop me and having withdrawn from other places I'd be **** out of luck.. just the paranoia talking lol

17. 87138

87138 Guest

Medical Student

Why?

18. prettymonkey

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    because it's a huge decision that should not be made under pressure. i need the stress of deadlines to write papers, not decide where i will get a medical degree and spend 4 years of my life. but that's just me.

19. 87138

87138 Guest

Medical Student

That's the expected argument, and it's essentially a red herring. Making the decision on or near May 15th in no way guarantees that the person was "waiting until the last minute" to "make the decision under pressure." As I stated, in my case it had nothing to do with that, and everything to do with a ~4 month long ordeal that forced me to see how something else played out before going ahead with the school I was most likely going to attend anyway.

20. gump

gump Living the dream...
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    +1 Because ...

Exactly, you've had plenty of time. Yes, I know you haven't been accepted for a year but those who have had little time to decide is a small minority.

21. luckycharms08

luckycharms08 all it takes is one =)
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student

why do you care so much about how other people make their decisions? the OP is torn between two schools, hopefully something will come to him tonight and he'll make the choice that's right for him. what works for one person doesn't work for everyone.

to the OP, looking at your past posts, it seems like you're trying to decide between NYMC and Temple? I'd vote Temple, but that's just me. Good luck!

22. rafikikoo

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    are we doing email withdrawals or what? I just wana email everybody tonight when i get out of work. is that cool?

23. nblook28

2+ Year Member

to be fair....not EVERYONE has been fortunate enough to have acceptances since last year. some people are finding out NOW.

thx for the input luckycharms08

24. flaahless

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yo fall back G. One more day isn't going to hurt. For some of us this is the most important decision of our lives. I know I won't be decided until tomorrow afternoon.