Canada Rotations - Liability Insurance for international students AFMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BraziltoCanada

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I've only found very old posts about Liability Insurance.
I am applying for a McGill's medical electives, but I need the LI to complete the process. Anyone has any tip/company/wheretolook about how to get that? Other then 'look in your university'- i've already done that.

I am kind of freaking out after paying 500US and not finding where to get this!

Members don't see this ad.

Your registrar should have a liability insurance policy for you to use for international electives. I also applied to a few electives through AFMC this season that required this. It's odd that your school does not have it, because I have not heard of applicants having to find their own liability insurance. Feel free to PM me about this, because I was confused about it at first too.

Hi BraziltoCanada, could you find a solution to your problem? I am facing exactly the same issue now, as I am applying for a clinical elective at McGill too. I can't find any company offering such coverage and my home school also doesn't offer liability insurance.
Has anyone else found a solution to this problem?
Thanks!

I think they now have an option for included Liabilty insurance at some schools. When my sister did this we called an insurance company they gave us a quote for like 2000$ or something but it was what we were looking for, if you dont have it call around to some insurance companies.