Canadian: 518 MCAT, 3.75 cGPA, 3.75 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
T

TheGimp

Hey guys, new user here so don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum so sorry about this.
I'm a student from a Canadian school and I have a 518 MCAT (129,131,129,129), 3.75 cGPA, 3.75 sGPA (granted these are values I converted from a 4.33 using the OMSAS scale so I don't know if they're accurate).

I'm currently in a M.Sc program with a 4.0 GPA.

My activities are as follows:

Volunteer:
3 years coaching minor hockey (2 years head coaching and 1 year assistant, about 20 hours a week including travel time)
2 years (20 hours a week) doing general work in a children's hospital
2 years TA'ing

Research:
2 years working in a lab modelling ion channel dynamics and working on Brugada's

EC:
3 years Jr. A level hockey
1 year powerlifting (Gold medal in regionals)

Anyways, I'm just wondering if you guys could recommend some schools for me to apply to where I have at least a chance for an interview since I feel I have no shot at a medical school ***even with improving my EC's, volunteer and clinical* in Canada especially due to my undergraduate GPA.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

What university did you attend? For Western and York, an 80% in a course translates to a 4.0 for AMCAS so you might want to recalculate. Otherwise, ECs look okay, I would do some clinical volunteering like shadowing. These are the schools which you should apply to:

Wayne State
Oakland
Stony Brook
SUNY Upstate
Saint Louis University
Einstein
George Washington
New York Medical College
Jefferson