Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MACEDON

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody getting ready for the next eligibility exam in Canada or has anyone recently passed or almost passed IT. I hear that the next May exam is going to be pretty much easier that the passed ones and the ones to come. NEED SOME INSIDE INFO, LET'S SHARE, LET'S UNITE, LET'S KICK ASS :smuggrin: !!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello great people :)
I just wanted to tell you how a great job you are all doing.. now who thinks that we should start discussing september 2008 questions in here? I didn't write it but I would love to hear any feadback from those who did! What sort of rumers about how hard it was, and that scary questions came there?!!
Any help would be great, lets start working like others before us did, and made it now to the Ca/Us universities and no longer need to post here, coz you know what, they worked their ass in here..
COME ON GREAT PEOPLE..LETS ROCK AND ROLL:xf:

hi
i have few books to be sold for ee preperation.i am in brampton if u are interested plz reply me on my PM
Hi,

I want to buy west ontarion training courses handout . if you have them ,please response me .

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I want to buy west ontarion training courses handout . if you have them ,please response me .

There's nothin important in that course... and it's all photocopied from Shillinburg's and Sturdevant's
I'm preparin for practical exam too, if you need info, send me a message

guy congratulations they canceled the plasystem and most probably returning the eligibility system
check out the website

Does anyone knows when did they take off the dates of exams and specifications for 2010 on acfd website? So then now things are possibly changing again???

guy congratulations they canceled the plasystem and most probably returning the eligibility system
check out the website

Can you provide a link for the information?? i checked the website...there has been no changes... it still says may2009 will be the last eligibility exam.

dude cant you see that they actually removed all the information about the PLA system
its seems that so many ppl sent asking for a change

it seems that the pla system is not coming back they removed it, now its either they will return to eligibility exam which is very likely or they will creat a new system

http://www.acfd.ca/en/info/index.html

The Eligibility Examination is currently an admissions requirement used by dental education institutions that provide a Qualifying Program or a Degree Completion Program for general dentists. In 2010, the Eligibility Examination will be replaced with an alternate process that is currently under review by the ACFD, NDEB and the Provincial Dental Regulatory Authorities.

http://www.acfd.ca/en/info/generaldentistry/index.html

The Eligibility Examination is a requirement for entry into the Qualifying and Degree Completion Programs. The Eligibility Examination will be administered for the last time on May 9, 2009. As a result of the Agreement on Internal Trade, the process for the certification of non-accredited dentists will change in 2010. This process, as well as the admission requirement for entry into the Qualifying and Degree Completion Programs is currently under review. Information will be posted on the website as soon as it becomes available.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys im new to this..
1. i just wanna know for how many years is the eligibility exam valid. i mean if i write it this may, can i apply for the next academic year or should i have to take again if im gonna apply next year.????

In 2010, the Eligibility Examination will be replaced with an alternate process that is currently under review by the ACFD, NDEB and the Provincial Dental Regulatory Authorities....

Last edited:
How much for frasaco teeth ? how many/which all do you have ? how much for the NSK ? whats the condition ?

Hi..

I have quite a few frasaco teeth..leftovers from my preparations for the practicals lastyear.. roughly 30-40 each of molars, premolars,anteriors canines left..as a lot has already been sold. selling for $2 each incl taxes. (btw they are selling at candent for $2.75 .)

and the NSK handpiece..i bought brandnew (infact i still have the packing box) for $300 and i used it for roughly 6 months for approx 4-5 hours a day and am selling it for $200.Its in great condition.

Email me if interested...coz i dont check SDN that often. [email protected]

Anyone interested in the following?These would be helpful for those thinking of applying to UBC Vancouver.

Rubber dam forcep

Rubber dam Punch

Rubber dam clamps number 13A. 12A and one for the anteriors

Rubber dam template.

Universal Dam frame

pls email me on [email protected] if interested.

thanks

Last edited:
Anyone interested in the following?These would be helpful for those thinking of applying to UBC Vancouver.

Rubber dam forcep

Rubber dam Punch

Rubber dam clamps number 13A. 12A and one for the anteriors

Rubber dam template.

Universal Dam frame

pls email me on [email protected] if interested.

thanks

heres the link of the list of all the stuff i am selling...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=7791165#post7791165

pls email me...as i said..i dont check SDN that often :)

Hello great people :)
I just wanted to tell you how a great job you are all doing.. now who thinks that we should start discussing september 2008 questions in here? I didn't write it but I would love to hear any feadback from those who did! What sort of rumers about how hard it was, and that scary questions came there?!!
Any help would be great, lets start working like others before us did, and made it now to the Ca/Us universities and no longer need to post here, coz you know what, they worked their ass in here..
COME ON GREAT PEOPLE..LETS ROCK AND ROLL:xf:

hi..
i am totally new to this EE exam..i need some info..i am a foreign trained dentist now in canada..Is EE a prerequisite for writing NDEB exams? where to apply for this exam? please help me..thanks in advance

hi..
i am totally new to this EE exam..i need some info..i am a foreign trained dentist now in canada..Is EE a prerequisite for writing NDEB exams? where to apply for this exam? please help me..thanks in advance

EE is for foreign trained dentists who wish to practise in canada. NDEB is for those wishing to practise in USA.

check this website for dentists wishing to practise in canada..
www.acfd.ca

UBC will not accept Last May exam . I feel that the ACFD is making fool of all the applicants.:mad:

This is really odd!

UBC went from accepting scores 5 years old to not accepting scores that are just over one year old.:thumbdown:

Anyone knows why?

micha ,

i would like to tell you why .

1st , because they are stupid and in power , and we r in need .
2ed , and most important coz most of us are chickens , most of us even afraid of discussing information in this forum, if we work as one hand , they wont ever think of this pla before , but as we close our mouths more they gona screw us more .

gooodluck

I am sick and tired from EE. I am very disappointed. I do not know what I have to do. I didn't want to take this May exam . we are really like chichen .
last year my friend's same score was accepted by the UBC, however this year I even have no chance to forward my application form .:mad:

I think we should we contact UBC and ACFD and complain about this.

Any idea who we should contact by email or phone. Don't tell me the admissions office! We need someone who CAN do something.

Micha:luck:

There's nothin important in that course... and it's all photocopied from Shillinburg's and Sturdevant's
I'm preparin for practical exam too, if you need info, send me a message

Hi Eebigdog,
I'd be interested in lots of help for the practical exams. Let me know how you're preparing for them.
thanks,
OCS1986

[hi TK23,
actually im concentrating now on the ee this may when i pass it then i can plan to clinical preparetion exam

Hi , I have the western ontario handbook for practicals... if u still need it..email me at [email protected]. i am also selling frasaco teeth and my NSK high speed handpiece . :)

Hi p4p ... u seem to have cleared this EE exam...well could you plz give me some tips regarding the preparation. i intend to appear in FEB 2010 the PLA exam..plz reply as soon as possible. if u wish to mail me it is [email protected] .i'm a dental student from INDIA

hi there ...!!! me appearing for the FEB 2010 exams... can anyone plz help me.. i solidly want to crack it !!!!!!

I am sick and tired from EE. I am very disappointed. I do not know what I have to do. I didn't want to take this May exam . we are really like chichen .
last year my friend's same score was accepted by the UBC, however this year I even have no chance to forward my application form .:mad:

Can anyone tell me abt the scoring system in ACFD... is der any negative marking ?????????

which of the following microrganisms r frequently found in infected root canals?
a-strp viridans
b-staph aureus
c-lactob
d-enterococci

Hi...According to my notes it is Enterococci...I hope it is right...

In Pathways of the pulp, Enterococci is one of the least found bacteria in the canals, No1. Fusobacterium, No.2 Streptococcus Sp.
Just thought u should know..

well, in case of primary root canal infections ,there is a domination of strict anaerobes like porphyromonas, bactereoids and fusobacterium,

but in case of infected root canals following improper root canal treatment there enterococci and peptostrepto coccci are frequently found

Can anybody please tell me do we have any branches where we can take the canadian dental ee exams in u.s.pl anybody who knows anything .

Status
Not open for further replies.