Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MACEDON

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody getting ready for the next eligibility exam in Canada or has anyone recently passed or almost passed IT. I hear that the next May exam is going to be pretty much easier that the passed ones and the ones to come. NEED SOME INSIDE INFO, LET'S SHARE, LET'S UNITE, LET'S KICK ASS :smuggrin: !!!!

Members don't see this ad.

hi every body

i applied to ee may exam

and they saied to me that they want more information about my dental school and i have to do an other notirization.....

has this happened to one of u before ?

plz reply

Last edited:
hi every body

i applied to ee may exam

and they saied to me that they want more information about my dental school and i have to do an other notirization.....

plz reply

if u applied for the first time,u need to send few notarised documents.
i dont remember much but there are details in the application form.

i hav already received their acceptance letter for may ee.
nothing attached to that.

hi every body

i applied to ee may exam

plz reply

Yep. This happened to me. They require the notary seal to be in English! or translated into English, which is not stated in their application. So I missed May 2007 EE. In Sept 2007, I got the seal translated in Canada by a bonafied translator, and again they refused it saying the it should be issued in English or French. It was like negotiating with my mother-in-law. In May 2008 I got it right, finally.

The funny part is that they send an international snail mail (takes 3-4weeks) saying "you have one week to complete your missing documents or your file will be disactivated"

Welcome to Canada.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep. This happened to me. They require the notary seal to be in English! or translated into English, which is not stated in their application. So I missed May 2007 EE. In Sept 2007, I got the seal translated in Canada by a bonafied translator, and again they refused it saying the it should be issued in English or French. It was like negotiating with my mother-in-law. In May 2008 I got it right, finally.

The funny part is that they send an international snail mail (takes 3-4weeks) saying "you have one week to complete your missing documents or your file will be disactivated"

Welcome to Canada.

Hey Notary seal in english??!!! can u plz explain me what a notary seal is ?

Hey Notary seal in english??!!! can u plz explain me what a notary seal is ?

:confused:

The notary seal is the seal that says your copy is true and similar to the original. But since you are graduate of India, your transcript and the seal is already in English and you should not worry about it.

Hi..

I plan to apply for PLA in FEb 2010.What all documents needs to be notarized? I am a dentist from India.Do i have to get my original degree also notarized? kindly throw some light on this application process?

Anybody who is preparing for PLA 2010?? Let me know...Have lots of confusions amy be we all can be of some help to each other...

Hi..

I plan to apply for PLA in FEb 2010.What all documents needs to be notarized? I am a dentist from India.Do i have to get my original degree also notarized? kindly throw some light on this application process?

Anybody who is preparing for PLA 2010?? Let me know...Have lots of confusions amy be we all can be of some help to each other...

There is no PLA in 2010. It was born dead :rolleyes:

Hi..

Even i m confused wid ur PLA thing in feb 2010 ?

Even i m confused wid ur PLA thing in feb 2010 ?

Hey
Look that:

"Information for Graduates of Non-accredited Programs
The Eligibility Examination is currently an admissions requirement used by dental education institutions that provide a Qualifying Program or a Degree Completion Program for general dentists. In 2010, the Eligibility Examination will be replaced with an alternate process that is currently under review by the ACFD, NDEB and the Provincial Dental Regulatory Authorities."
http://www.acfd.ca/en/info/index.html

So there is no PLA? U mean the EE is on?? is it happening in SEPT? WAt study material u guys are following for prparing it?? ITs all Vague in my mind?? If any one can help me on the detauls regarding this exAM N THE PREPRATION PART??

tHANX A TON DOCS

Hi..

Hey Nikvik... me too a dentist from INDIA and am planning to appear for PLA 2010.... i too have a box full of questions regarding it. is it really true that PLA is getting cancelled?? plz keep me posted on the latest... thanku so muchh ...

Hi everyone, I dont want this to be frustrating but i am gonna tell my own experience, i am a FTD and a canadian citizen , i gave the EE twice before,i didnt like the whole admission process in Canada, its all about having some one to guide you and to buy some repeated questions to crack the exam or else you are waisting ur time, no matter how hard u study this aint the story, so i would tell everyone applying this year to canadian schools, dont expect alot !! these people are rediculous ,the admission process as a whole is silly, if someone has all this knowledge and clinically perfect to perform onlays ,3/4 crowns, and more.(indirect vision))...:laugh:, ( requirements for clinical exam) ,why the hell does that person need to study again?? why dont he just get his licence to practise??
The funnier is that the Canadian board exam (the licencing exam) is far easier than the EE and the bench exams conducted by the schools for admission to the 2 years program.
can u believe that?
for me i decided to give it a try in the U.S, and thank god i was lucky , and i do regret every hour i studied and every year i waisted studying or trying for the EE.
so if u have a chance go on and apply for the U.s schools this year, they are more reasonable and fair enough to give everyone an equal chance.
even the bench exam is ok they are asking for simple procedures to see ur skills, they know they are gonna teach u everything afterwards,
if u know how to do everything and every prep., whats left for them to teach you?:rolleyes:
so my advice is ,study hard for the NBDE part 1, and apply this year fot the U.S schools as they are changing the system next year, and who knows whats going to happen??
good luck everybody:thumbup:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry but could you explain.

As enterococci found most frequently in secondaryly infected canal, while in primary canal its Bacteroids, and if you talk about newly infected canal then its Streptococcus viridans.

Second thing in question, they didnt asked about microogranism found more in number in infected canal, they asked about microorganism found more frequently....and as well all know Streptococcus is most frequently found in caries and it also aerobic to facultative anaerobes, so it can survive in infected root canal even in anaerobic enviournment.....

Can you explain your answer .....
Thnks

Hi Docs.
I'm new in the forum, I was seeking an answer for this question, could anybody help me ( with explanation please)?

Hi everyone, I dont want this to be frustrating but i am gonna tell my own experience, i am a FTD and a canadian citizen , i gave the EE twice before,i didnt like the whole admission process in Canada, its all about having some one to guide you and to buy some repeated questions to crack the exam or else you are waisting ur time, no matter how hard u study this aint the story, so i would tell everyone applying this year to canadian schools, dont expect alot !! these people are rediculous ,the admission process as a whole is silly, if someone has all this knowledge and clinically perfect to perform onlays ,3/4 crowns, and more.(indirect vision))...:laugh:, ( requirements for clinical exam) ,why the hell does that person need to study again?? why dont he just get his licence to practise??
The funnier is that the Canadian board exam (the licencing exam) is far easier than the EE and the bench exams conducted by the schools for admission to the 2 years program.
can u believe that?
for me i decided to give it a try in the U.S, and thank god i was lucky , and i do regret every hour i studied and every year i waisted studying or trying for the EE.
so if u have a chance go on and apply for the U.s schools this year, they are more reasonable and fair enough to give everyone an equal chance.
even the bench exam is ok they are asking for simple procedures to see ur skills, they know they are gonna teach u everything afterwards,
if u know how to do everything and every prep., whats left for them to teach you?:rolleyes:
so my advice is ,study hard for the NBDE part 1, and apply this year fot the U.S schools as they are changing the system next year, and who knows whats going to happen??

The crown preparations n stuff needs to be done with an aerotor or micromotor !

can u believe that?

Makes a lot of sense! What school are you at now in the states?

So there is no PLA? U mean the EE is on?? is it happening in SEPT? WAt study material u guys are following for prparing it?? ITs all Vague in my mind?? If any one can help me on the detauls regarding this exAM N THE PREPRATION PART??

tHANX A TON DOCS

No one knows for sure what it's going to be like next year. The system is under review so keep your fingers crossed!

hi ,please help me answering this question
which of the following would you prescribe for an anxious dental parient with a peptic ulcer?
1-reserpine.
2-scopolamine.
3-silica gel.
4-diazepam.
5-calcium carbonate.

Last edited:
which of the following would you prescribe for an anxious dental parient with a peptic ulcer?
1-reserpine.
2-scopolamine.
3-silica gel.
4-diazepam.
5-calcium carbonate.

4-diazepam:thumbup:

after performing an apicoectomy which of the following should be placed in the bony defect prior to suturing the flap?
1-corticosteroid
2-antibiotic powder
3-oxidized cellulose
4-bone wax
5-nothing

after performing an apicoectomy which of the following should be placed in the bony defect prior to suturing the flap?
1-corticosteroid
2-antibiotic powder
3-oxidized cellulose
4-bone wax
5-nothing

I think the answer is 5.(Nothing)

can u believe that?

i read all what u said and i agree whith u that u r a wise person i have seen all these these things too i am just giving one attempt to ee as this is the last one then going to aapply for nbde but u have written in ur msg that they are going to change system bad news when are they going to change thesystem and from where i can see that this is happening
t.c

i read all what u said and i agree whith u that u r a wise person i have seen all these these things too i am just giving one attempt to ee as this is the last one then going to aapply for nbde but u have written in ur msg that they are going to change system bad news when are they going to change thesystem and from where i can see that this is happening
t.c

HI diyyaa,

good luck in ur final attempt in the EE, hope u make it this time:thumbup:,and for the process in the U.S., the NBDE will be a pass or fail exam starting 2010,so no one knows what will be the criteria for selection in the dental schools? as u know it was mainly dependant on the NBDE scores,u can check the ADA website
good luck:thumbup:

t.c

Hi Diyyaa,

as far as i know,
there vil be no more scoring system from 2010 in U.S.
85 above will be pass and below 85 wil be fail.

thank you both of u this means they are making it tough too and i wish something come out of us we all studying like creeps for something which has no result

Hi What are the other jobs options we have other than assistant n hygienist.Are any of you employed?
I am new to Canada n am writing may ee for de first time.What next if i dont get thru...can any one guide me as to what are my options ? :confused:

Hello Everybody,

I think all of people posting here r either preparing for the EE, or failed and retaking it. I am sure there r many success stories as well, but seems that those who made it to universities r too busy to write some positive posts here. It is not a good idea to read those negative comments posted by people who already gave up, specially when it's only days for the test to come. wish everybody the best of luck and lets all do our best!

Congrats guys,we hit it.They finally changed the regulation,no more Eligibility Exam,no more assesment period!:soexcited:
Just we need to take the board and thats it,like it was befor 2004 from 2010.The exact information will be posted on acfd site in augest.
once again congrats to you all,now you can study with less tension,cause if you faill it,you actullay saved your money in your pocket.

Congrats guys,we hit it.They finally changed the regulation,no more Eligibility Exam,no more assesment period!:soexcited:
Just we need to take the board and thats it,like it was befor 2004 from 2010.The exact information will be posted on acfd site in augest.
once again congrats to you all,now you can study with less tension,cause if you faill it,you actullay saved your money in your pocket.

that cannot be true.:thumbdown:

thats so unbelievable and such a great news will take time to believe such good news

is this really true about not having to sit eligibility exam any more?I am planning to sit it in may but would like to find out for sure before then if it is going to be scrapped altogether.

I know its unbelievable,but its true,you can ask the dean of uoft or UBC,the students also know about it.The ACFD will not release any information till august(you can call and ask yourself)for obvious reasons!:)(they don't want the universities loos their huge income from us atleast for this year).This is not the ACFD will ofcourse,but they were forced to change the regulations by the goverment.

This is a very dirty shot :thumbdown:. Specially 3 weeks before the exam.

This is good to be true! Where did you get this info? It's not official yet, is it?

I've heard that there will be two routes for foreign-trained dentists: the qualifying programs and the exams.

In my opinion,
  1. The exams route won't be easy or cheap though.
  2. You can only earn a DDS through a qualifying program.
The bottom line, the qualifying program is still the only way to go until we get something official!

True or not...am flying 16 hours to take that f#*@ing test!!! lets think of alternatives on May 10th. peace:D

We need to take the board ...dear dentist1234 ...can u plz xplain me wht this board is now.. cuz i'm new to this system . i'm am a dentist frm india and was planning to appear for the PLA 2010..your help will b greatly appreciated !

oooh is that true?

is this means that we r just going to study the 2 years qualifying program without any previous exams......then we do the ndeb 1 & 2 ? that's it?

Hi What are the other jobs options we have other than assistant n hygienist.Are any of you employed?
I am new to Canada n am writing may ee for de first time.What next if i dont get thru...can any one guide me as to what are my options ? :confused:

I know people who have got admitted in Canadian dental schools and have worked for Security jobs at commercial sites... either their job was less stressful , or probably there is some time on hand to study @ work.
All the best

I know people who have got admitted in Canadian dental schools and have worked for Security jobs at commercial sites... either their job was less stressful , or probably there is some time on hand to study @ work.
All the best

If you have administrative skills (phone skills, computers skills, etc), you can also do administrative work in a lot of companies including medium-size and large dental laboratories.

Welcome to Canada.

This is hilarious!:laugh:

Haven't you heard of khan2 and all the harm you guys are doing by your ignorence? You're not helping anyone buddy. This thread need to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.