Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MACEDON

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody getting ready for the next eligibility exam in Canada or has anyone recently passed or almost passed IT. I hear that the next May exam is going to be pretty much easier that the passed ones and the ones to come. NEED SOME INSIDE INFO, LET'S SHARE, LET'S UNITE, LET'S KICK ASS :smuggrin: !!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi ,
I heard that many people scored in nineties in May 2008,is it true.Hay i am interested in buying mankin set, hand pieces,etc. if any one is interested in selling those items ,pl reply.:luck:

I can not believe that some people, such as the ones mentioned above and others like them, promote on this forum the promiscuity, the unfairness and the illegal network that has developed around this exam. I do not have proof yet, but I am convinced that some of the professors are as well involved in all this mess. There is no other way that the shop owned by Mr. Naresh can function right in the neighbourhood of the University of Toronto. And this shop is illegal no matter what false pretences uses for functioning. Selling photocopied tests from previous years is illegal.
I could even close my eyes to his illegal business, since everyone has access to it, there is no real advantage for anyone, but I can not close my eyes to seeing 100 questions posted on internet before the EE. You know why? Because 90% of those questions were included in the EE. Those questions were not randomly selected form the previous 3-4 years. Anyone can do the math. If I could select the right questions from the previous years so accurately, I would be playing lottery. Furthermore if anyone reads other forums, this guy has posted another 100 questions on other dental forums.
I do not want anyone to believe that I am targeting any students or dentists. This is not what I want. My target is the unfair and corrupted access system that was put in place by the ACFD, with one purpose: to demoralize and to humiliate the majority of the honest and hard working foreign dentist and to facilitate the access of the “CONNECTED” people. This system has to change for the better.
Let’s take for example this guy who started all this, KHAN2 or whatever his name is. He wants to be a dentist, but he is so ******ed that he can’t even answer some of the most basic questions, he had to post them on-line to get answers. And you know what? I do not think that anyone wants their dental problems be treated by such a specimen. Definitely this guy does not deserve to pass the EE.
I do not care how hard my actions are going to make this exam for me. It will be as hard for everyone else, but at least we would all be treated equally, which is not what has been happening so far. I want my exam paper to be sealed, put in a computer and the results provided right away or within 24 hours. I want one session of exams for each year, not two sessions. Why? Because the exams are not the same, which means that two different groups of people are not treated equally. Look at the results now. The average is 74%. In September was 70%. I am not saying it was easier, maybe for some of us it was, but it was different. Someone who got 85% in September (the highest score was 91%) was probably thinking that they had a shot at getting in. Guess what? They won’t. Because the highest score in May is 96%. How is this fair?
There are 72 books on the reference text list. That’s what everyone should be studying. And that’s it.
Like I said before, I will not let this one go away. Because is my right to be treated fair. I do not think that I am.
IM VERY GLAD THAT YOU KNEW WHAT HAPPENED & THE INCONVENIENCE THAT LEAD US TO FAILED THE EE. ITS VERY UNFAIR THAT THEY REMOVED THE LEAK QUESTION AND MOST LIKELY MY CORRECT ANSWERS. I FAILED THE EE, I GOT LESS BEC. OF WHAT THEY DID? MAYBE IT'S BETTER THEY REPEAT AGAIN THE EXAM SO THAT IT WILL BE FAIR TO EVERYBODY! PLS. TELL ME WHAT'S YOUR VIEW ABOUT THIS. AGAIN, WE HAVE TO UNITE TO OBTAIN JUSTICE!PLS EMAIL ME OR SENT RESPONSE WITH THIS. THANKS & GOD BLESS!:idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
If khan2 knew the questions why had he posted them? Would this not be like shooting himslef in the leg? If I knew the questions, I would keep them to myslef. And if I did not know the answers, I would have just asked someone else insted of posting them and possibly make them available to the competion. It dosen't make sense
doctor MM i'm not agree with you.What did you do and warn ACFD cause big problem.you know after that instead to register for exam inACFD you have to write KHAN2 please please register me for examen of september 29.be realistic.you want tosay till now the ACFD and universities didn't know about this forum and the constructed question that is beetween student. i dont think so .every time the level of the score go up ACFD do something .this year we have more than 20 person up to score 90.after you how univerties qualifie between them . come on guys:wow:

all to those nut shells who cant accept the FACTS n havnt learnt still that they r only digging graves for themselves. plz just cut it OK. its enough i think. cuz the rest of us who r here studying hard dont want some hyper fools to create more problems for us in sept or even after. leve acfd alone and spare for wat has happened. if somebody failed r didnt get as much high score i think they should analyize their own study strength than blaming it all on acfd or khan2 or watever. i think v all need to cum out of this turmoil now or it will only drown us farther and JUS STUDY n work hard plz.
and i agree with the last post about sdn in being notice of acfd. ofcourse it is and if ppl think otherwise than they shuld accept this fact too.
God bless u all

What happened had to be done long time ago, and this should go on to eliminate all the repeated questions from this exam. Here is why:
1-These questions are not accessible to everyone. Instead they are secretly exchanged by applicants in their own communities... which is unfair... now this has nothing to do with the ADA Boards and ASDA legally released questions available to all. Do not compare.
2-Not everybody knows about that Narish (I didnt)... This too is unfair
3-Not everyone knows about this forum..unfair too.
4-High scorers were those who redid the exam multible times, and remembered more questions. Without repeating questions, only well prepared candidates can score high in the test, no matter how many times one writes the exam. Isn't is awesome?
5-Agree that this way the mean would be lower, and the higher score would be lower, unless the ACFD adjust them. Not a big deal because the competition is always dependant on the applicant pool.
6-Exam items reproduction is against the exam policy. You signed on that before writing the exam, so stop cheating.

As for me, May 2008 was my first attempt, and I made it my last by hard working, but that couldnt be possible without removing the repeated questions, which made the exam fair to everyone who prepared well, and didn't just memorize remembred stuffs. My advice: concentrate on the ACFD references list, and stop gathering poorly constructed remembered questions with missing options which are likely to be the right answers, as far as I noticed in this thread:).

Hello everybody, I have been silently observing the discussion since last 2 months. Please restrain yourself from using names or accusing a particular person. Here are some facts.

1. May 2008 results - More than 25 students with above 90%
- More than 55 studetns above 85%
The result was unduly high.

2. Simply memorizing past questions is not enough. Each person has to read for atleast 5 hours a day to achive a good score for atleast 45 days.

3. Using personal names without proof leaves open ground for defamation law suite with solid proof on the hands of the other party.

Please use this site to organise your efforts, build a team, bring in your queries, make professional friends.. even find your soul mate..if I may.

Best of luck. and as someone had rightly put it in a previous post...........................stop digging your own grave.

Hello everybody, I have been silently observing the discussion since last 2 months. Please restrain yourself from using names or accusing a particular person. Here are some facts.

2. Simply memorizing past questions is not enough. Each person has to read for atleast 5 hours a day to achive a good score for atleast 45 days.

3. Using personal names without proof leaves open ground for defamation law suite with solid proof on the hands of the other party.

Please use this site to organise your efforts, build a team, bring in your queries, make professional friends.. even find your soul mate..if I may.

Best of luck. and as someone had rightly put it in a previous post...........................stop digging your own grave.

Any source for your first "fact"?

What happened had to be done long time ago, and this should go on to eliminate all the repeated questions from this exam. Here is why:
1-These questions are not accessible to everyone. Instead they are secretly exchanged by applicants in their own communities... which is unfair... now this has nothing to do with the ADA Boards and ASDA legally released questions available to all. Do not compare.
4-High scorers were those who redid the exam multible times, and remembered more questions. Without repeating questions, only well prepared candidates can score high in the test, no matter how many times one writes the exam. Isn't is awesome?
5-Agree that this way the mean would be lower, and the higher score would be lower, unless the ACFD adjust them. Not a big deal because the competition is always dependant on the applicant pool.
6-Exam items reproduction is against the exam policy. You signed on that before writing the exam, so stop cheating.

As for me, May 2008 was my first attempt, and I made it my last by hard working, but that couldnt be possible without removing the repeated questions, which made the exam fair to everyone who prepared well, and didn't just memorize remembred stuffs. My advice: concentrate on the ACFD references list, and stop gathering poorly constructed remembered questions with missing options which are likely to be the right answers, as far as I noticed in this thread:).
So What's really your point of view? I just want to know pls. Thanks:confused:

So, what's really your point of views? Pls. post this thanks :confused:

So What's really your point of view? I just want to know pls. Thanks:confused:

Its already posted man. My post is clear enough!

IM VERY GLAD THAT YOU KNEW WHAT HAPPENED & THE INCONVENIENCE THAT LEAD US TO FAILED THE EE. ITS VERY UNFAIR THAT THEY REMOVED THE LEAK QUESTION AND MOST LIKELY MY CORRECT ANSWERS. I FAILED THE EE, I GOT LESS BEC. OF WHAT THEY DID? MAYBE IT'S BETTER THEY REPEAT AGAIN THE EXAM SO THAT IT WILL BE FAIR TO EVERYBODY! PLS. TELL ME WHAT'S YOUR VIEW ABOUT THIS. AGAIN, WE HAVE TO UNITE TO OBTAIN JUSTICE!PLS EMAIL ME OR SENT RESPONSE WITH THIS. THANKS & GOD BLESS!:idea:
Sorry you failed it, but its not anybody's fault that you only could answer/know repeated questions. You can repeat the test next September.

Best of luck

i was just going thru d previous discussions...

cummon guys lets invest r energies in d right direction n leave all d worries 4 acfd....:smuggrin:

n now can ne1 plzzz help me.... i 'll b taking EE for d first time... i'm from india... doing my intern ... will take EE in may...:)

if u cld giude me abt d refernce books n stuff...:confused:

thnx...:luck:

So you mean to say, you passed the ee? Its your first & last exam or you will to take again nedxt sept. Pls reply thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Everybody stop whining

And do some thing about it, if you are certain that there were cheating involved.
I agree with one of the posters it is a lose- lose situation for every one involved if the exam is annuled.

Time to hit the books.
Hi Did you pass the exam? Pls reply thanks

This could potentially have made it worse for all of us; it depends on the questions they remove.Personally, I hope they don't take out the questions that I answered correctly. I hope well for all you out there too.
We should try to help one another. Most exams worldwide whether it be dentistry, medicine etc. have a pool of remembered questions which are often repeated. Let's be productive and not create a civil war.At the end of the day we all suffer.
Bottom line: we are just immigrants to them. we are just a storm in a tea cup!! They have more important issues to deal with than the foreign graduates fighting amongst themselves & accusing one another of cheating.
Let's get on & discuss dental questions!!!

Shame Shame to all those who were CRY babies and wrote and complained to the ACFD, i just wonder and think how can u guys be so stupid,dont u do your research before the exams. In fact the questions which were posted are all OLD PREVIOUS Exam questions, and our only way to score high marks in the exams is if these questions r repeated every year. But now due to the OVERENTHUSIASM of a few fools we lose that oppurtinity.God forgive them coz these fools do not know what they do.

i really would like to thank those idiots who contacted the acfd , and i wana tell them they screwed themelves and screwed us , also hope they dont pass now to see the hell next sep. and for the ppl whoo had some questions from their previous trials to throw them away . and start all over again from zero , :thumbdown:

hey,,i thnk most of the people who r very angry over all this thng are those people who have all these posted questions and in my opinion they r kind of people who have a group of 20 or 30 people ,,whose only purpose is to get all these questions and then find answers and keep all these questions amongst there own communities and thats why u will notice that why some specific nationalities always get scores above 85%...:thumbdown:
but thanxz god now hopefully this unfair cheating will be over and there will be a real and fair competition among all of us ,,especially those who dont have access to this unfair cheating and stuff...:mad:
i know some people are very angry bcz all they use to do was to jus memorize those questions that they have n score above 85 or even 90 % and then get admisiion,,but wat about all of us,,who work hard and in the end have to suffer bcz of dese unfair means...
anyways hopefully now these people will have to take another 5,6 years to collect all these questions so far all of us this is the time 2 work hard and kick dre ass!!!!:)

Learn to respect others, besides even memorizing questions is a harder job by the way.its not ur job to say who deserves to be accepted, also when u finish the ee stage soon u will know its not always about scores!!

I can not believe that some people, such as the ones mentioned above and others like them, promote on this forum the promiscuity, the unfairness and the illegal network that has developed around this exam. I do not have proof yet, but I am convinced that some of the professors are as well involved in all this mess. There is no other way that the shop owned by Mr. Naresh can function right in the neighbourhood of the University of Toronto. And this shop is illegal no matter what false pretences uses for functioning. Selling photocopied tests from previous years is illegal.
I could even close my eyes to his illegal business, since everyone has access to it, there is no real advantage for anyone, but I can not close my eyes to seeing 100 questions posted on internet before the EE. You know why? Because 90% of those questions were included in the EE. Those questions were not randomly selected form the previous 3-4 years. Anyone can do the math. If I could select the right questions from the previous years so accurately, I would be playing lottery. Furthermore if anyone reads other forums, this guy has posted another 100 questions on other dental forums.
I do not want anyone to believe that I am targeting any students or dentists. This is not what I want. My target is the unfair and corrupted access system that was put in place by the ACFD, with one purpose: to demoralize and to humiliate the majority of the honest and hard working foreign dentist and to facilitate the access of the “CONNECTED” people. This system has to change for the better.
Let’s take for example this guy who started all this, KHAN2 or whatever his name is. He wants to be a dentist, but he is so ******ed that he can’t even answer some of the most basic questions, he had to post them on-line to get answers. And you know what? I do not think that anyone wants their dental problems be treated by such a specimen. Definitely this guy does not deserve to pass the EE.
I do not care how hard my actions are going to make this exam for me. It will be as hard for everyone else, but at least we would all be treated equally, which is not what has been happening so far. I want my exam paper to be sealed, put in a computer and the results provided right away or within 24 hours. I want one session of exams for each year, not two sessions. Why? Because the exams are not the same, which means that two different groups of people are not treated equally. Look at the results now. The average is 74%. In September was 70%. I am not saying it was easier, maybe for some of us it was, but it was different. Someone who got 85% in September (the highest score was 91%) was probably thinking that they had a shot at getting in. Guess what? They won’t. Because the highest score in May is 96%. How is this fair?
There are 72 books on the reference text list. That’s what everyone should be studying. And that’s it.
Like I said before, I will not let this one go away. Because is my right to be treated fair. I do not think that I am.

the questions that khan 2 has written here have all come in the exam...........how does he know that these questions were going to come........every single question came...........i am shocked!!!!!!!!!!

We Are Not Going To Accept That Someone Was Aware About The Questions 5 Days Before Exam And You Cant Say That He Was Guessing Because Each And Every Multiple Choice Is Also Matching With Acfd Paper 2008

the strange thing is i couldn't see the post. how come those long thread only shows up to 3 pages. don't understand. what i saw is those posts from 3/2008-5/9/2008 are missing. damn those are the most important...
what's wrong with it?

I cannot agree with you more.:thumbup:
I am one of the victims. Cheating just lies before us, we must try to protect ourselves since nobody can do that for us.
Just as you said,one or two letters,one or two guys would not make sense. I have written to acfd about the cheating this time, but nobody answers me till now.
We do need to use our brains.Before that,we should be together.

Shall we send our msn or something like that to some one via the pm?
I think once there is an incisor,the premolars and molars will come for sure.

If you don't have anything constructive to say please don't mock the few of us who think there is something suspicious going on...Note, I said "think" and not "sure"...This is an inkling...We don't know..Chances are we are wrong...Chances are that this is a very rare coincidence(it is possible)...But at the same time from what we can see in black and white in front of us(the exam paper staring at us few days before the exam), this is how we feel...Again we can be wrong but we can be right too...We are all human beings...So please don't make fun of the few of us that feel this way...We are under enough stress/strain (Modulus Of Elasticity) already, having our lives brought to a stand still, etc.........................

can you please help me with these questions
253. Which of the following will correct right away?
a. AOB + thumb sucking + tongue thrust
b. Class ill
c. Crossbite
254. Mesiodens +diastema + lateral tipped distally
52.What is true about Mandibular growth-it growth vertically than
horizontally
Or latent growth in premature sprue
Or girls complete mandibular growth 100% by age 13

57.What to treat fIrst ?? Anterior open bite with thump sucking or
crossbite
interfere with
58.how do you know a malocclusion is skeletal or dental in nature
Physiologic movement
132.Mesial Terminal plane include----Class I and class III or class II
l33.If fracture unilateral condyle on a child-what would happen
Affect mandibular growth
Ankylosis
Class II
l35.if 16 erupting but 55 interfer distally with erupting 16 -what to
do?
Trimm distal side of 55 or extract 55 or extract 16
Hi I just want to know what's your reaction when they said that the questions that you had been posted were all leaked question for the May 2008.Did you pass the ee? Thanks for replying

Milk is the best place to put the tooth in because of its pH (6.5-6.8) and can be conserved for up to 6 hours

Saliva is the second choice after milk, up to 2 hours

(if the patient is not carefull, he can swallow the tooth before he arrives to the clinic :laugh:)

It's obvious that this site is on the radar of the ACFD which makes it difficult to openly discuss some issues now.
If there are 2 or 3 other like minded people out there that are willing to get down to some solid work for the exam let me know. I passed a similar exam in Europe where we attacked the paper in a specific, systematic manner with 4 of us in the group; we all passed comfortably!! I moved to Canada as I followed my husband. The technique we used can work here, but it needs a collective approach. It doesn't matter too much which part of Canada you're in but it means spending lengthy time either on the phone if not in person. We are better of together as opposed to being individuals lost in the vastness of this country & spending years repeating the exam. Please contact me if you're interested via the contact member link.

I need some studying partners to discuz some exam questions online,will anyone agree to set a study group?
the past passed,let's face the coming~~

Hi I'm in Vancouver..I'm registered to take the EE on UBC this Sept. Now, I got a lot of time in my hands and I'm frantically looking for a study group and pour out all I have in this exam. It's good to talk to someone that's on the same boat. Anybody?

I need some studying partners to discuz some exam questions online,will anyone agree to set a study group?

count me in,am interested in the online study group when do we start and what time? thanks

Hi , im interested to join the online study group too. When could we start. let me know.

thkz

It's obvious that this site is on the radar of the ACFD which makes it difficult to openly discuss some issues now.
If there are 2 or 3 other like minded people out there that are willing to get down to some solid work for the exam let me know. I passed a similar exam in Europe where we attacked the paper in a specific, systematic manner with 4 of us in the group; we all passed comfortably!! I moved to Canada as I followed my husband. The technique we used can work here, but it needs a collective approach. It doesn't matter too much which part of Canada you're in but it means spending lengthy time either on the phone if not in person. We are better of together as opposed to being individuals lost in the vastness of this country & spending years repeating the exam. Please contact me if you're interested via the contact member link.
Dear Friend,
I want to prepare for May 2009 I would like to be in a study group. I am in Toronto. A Sri lankan Dentist. email , [email protected]
Pls. reply

I'm preparing for EE sept 2008, anybody willing to join the study group are welcome. i live in scarborough. Any tips to improve the scores are welcome...

Hi guys,:)
I want to go for May 2009 EE.Could anybody give me some info and tips please?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.