Feb 10, 2010
Status
Does anyone know how the Canadian students studying at US DO schools did in this years match. How was their match in the States? Did any end up matching back in Canada? Thanks

PistolPete

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
I'd like to know this information as well, but I think this type of data is few and far between. The only way you could find this out is anecdotally, but I'd assume that the Canadian counterparts do as well as their American brethren.

I've heard of a few matching back in Canada, mostly in FP, although I bet that most stay down here for residency.

StriveToBeDr

10+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2007
California
Status
Medical Student
I'd like to know this information as well, but I think this type of data is few and far between. The only way you could find this out is anecdotally, but I'd assume that the Canadian counterparts do as well as their American brethren.

I've heard of a few matching back in Canada, mostly in FP, although I bet that most stay down here for residency.
I would like to know too.

WestcoastMedicine

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2004
New York
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I went to school with a canadian citizen who did undergrad in canada and then came to the US for med school. He matched an allopathic EM program, not sure if he tried to go back to Canada or not.

ruck

10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
If there are any DOs out there who have gone back to Canada for residency pleaaaaaaase help. I'm a third year DO and my time is running out. I want to do IM and I need to know whether there is any chance at all to match somewhere in Canada. I need to know this asap so I can decide whether I should set up audition rotations in Canada. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

antapolar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2008
Status
Medical Student
If there are any DOs out there who have gone back to Canada for residency pleaaaaaaase help. I'm a third year DO and my time is running out. I want to do IM and I need to know whether there is any chance at all to match somewhere in Canada. I need to know this asap so I can decide whether I should set up audition rotations in Canada. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
There's gotta be a first of everything. If you truly wants to go back to Canada. Why not just give the rotation a shot? Technically its doable according to Carms. In some of the provinces, you are matched together in 1st iteration...so your call. Hopefully someone will answer this, b/c i think many of us are eager to know :(

SFO-IST

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I'll let you guys know in 3 years...