Canadian and DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enmeds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Canadian students studying at US DO schools did in this years match. How was their match in the States? Did any end up matching back in Canada? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to know this information as well, but I think this type of data is few and far between. The only way you could find this out is anecdotally, but I'd assume that the Canadian counterparts do as well as their American brethren.

I've heard of a few matching back in Canada, mostly in FP, although I bet that most stay down here for residency.

I'd like to know this information as well, but I think this type of data is few and far between. The only way you could find this out is anecdotally, but I'd assume that the Canadian counterparts do as well as their American brethren.

I've heard of a few matching back in Canada, mostly in FP, although I bet that most stay down here for residency.

I would like to know too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to school with a canadian citizen who did undergrad in canada and then came to the US for med school. He matched an allopathic EM program, not sure if he tried to go back to Canada or not.

If there are any DOs out there who have gone back to Canada for residency pleaaaaaaase help. I'm a third year DO and my time is running out. I want to do IM and I need to know whether there is any chance at all to match somewhere in Canada. I need to know this asap so I can decide whether I should set up audition rotations in Canada. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

If there are any DOs out there who have gone back to Canada for residency pleaaaaaaase help. I'm a third year DO and my time is running out. I want to do IM and I need to know whether there is any chance at all to match somewhere in Canada. I need to know this asap so I can decide whether I should set up audition rotations in Canada. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

There's gotta be a first of everything. If you truly wants to go back to Canada. Why not just give the rotation a shot? Technically its doable according to Carms. In some of the provinces, you are matched together in 1st iteration...so your call. Hopefully someone will answer this, b/c i think many of us are eager to know :(

I'll let you guys know in 3 years...