Canadian Applicant with little volunteerin experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Duffy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so the more I think about it, the more I realize how little volunteering experience I have compared to my peers. I have basically no experience volunteering in a hospital, though I'm starting that this summer and hopefully going to continue doing that through my fourth year at my undergraduate institutition.

Anyways, apart from my lack of volunteering in the healthcare industry I do have a set of extracurriculars that I feel is solid, as well as a strong MCAT (12-12-12-S) and a decent GPA (approximately 3.8 ending my third year of undergraduate study).

So I'm basically wondering what you think my chances are of getting into medical school in my home province (Ontario) with such little experience given my other stats. I'm also going to apply to McGill (a long shot), as well as UBC, Calgary and Alberta when the time comes and I finish my undergraduate degree... which is in life sciences btw

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.